COVID Insurance 80yo plus

14 minutes ago, steve187 said:

I recently helped an 86 year old go back to Thailand, on a 45 day exempt. Ubon Joe helped a lot and sent me a link for COVID-19 insurance which covered the 45 day visa, 

He did not know off any company that does the health insurance over 75 years old ,unless he’s found one 

I did manage to contact a broker who’s half thai American and he said Cigna would do it but the premium was $20000 Nz per annum.

This is a big problem, and my friend will have to negotiate his own visa extension 15 days before his visa runs out. He said he knows how to do that.

So there’s plenty of expats in Thailand at present over 75 ,how do you guys get insurance???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I recently helped an 86 year old go back to Thailand, on a 45 day exempt. Ubon Joe helped a lot and sent me a link for COVID-19 insurance which covered the 45 day visa, 

He did not know off any company that does the health insurance over 75 years old ,unless he’s found one 

I did manage to contact a broker who’s half thai American and he said Cigna would do it but the premium was $20000 Nz per annum.

This is a big problem, and my friend will have to negotiate his own visa extension 15 days before his visa runs out. He said he knows how to do that.

So there’s plenty of expats in Thailand at present over 75 ,how do you guys get insurance???

That link posted only does COVID-19 insurance, I used that company for the COVID-19 coverage to get my friend in on the 45 day exemption visas which doesn’t need the health insurance coverage.

I phoned them personally, they do not provide health coverage for over 75 , just COVID up to 99 years of age.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

This is encouraging, to see an 86 yr old going to Thailand! Just shows me there's still at least 25 years of life left in me yet!

Guy must've been stud when he was a young 'un if he's still chasing them at 86!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Inala said:

This is encouraging, to see an 86 yr old going to Thailand! Just shows me there's still at least 25 years of life left in me yet!

Guy must've been stud when he was a young 'un if he's still chasing them at 86!

No need to chase them, Papa still 'hansum

man' !.

https://covid19.tgia.org/

COVID only insurance up to age 99

For someone aged >75 seeking general health insurance, Cigna Global (Close Care) will usually be the least expensive option and premiums can be reduced by taking a deductible ("excess"). Strongly recommend to get it through a broker, nto direct, helps later with claims.

• 1 month later...

Here are three companies that accept up to 99 years old:

Chubb 26,500 baht for 1 year 

Luma Thailand Pass, by Tune Protect Thailand, a subsidiary of AirAsia, 31,500 baht for 1 year https://w3.tuneprotect.co.th/WebPortal/Pages/TAOnline01.aspx?Keys=BQSRGVKQQUKQAVY5P8KLG2KZ94ML26U3BJUXXGSF28UZG4RRX4JLAGFRW2 

Thai General Insurance Association (mentioned already) 43,200 baht for 1 year 

On 9/4/2021 at 6:38 AM, kiwikeith said:

Had insurance long before this debacle started.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Pleased to know that I can still get Covid insurane a my age 77, but does the Thaland pass acept Covid only insurance or does it want a full medical insurance?

Full insurance (or at least, general insurance - travel policies, which cover only emergency medical, seem to be accepted)

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Here are three companies that accept up to 99 years old:

Chubb 26,500 baht for 1 year 

Luma Thailand Pass, by Tune Protect Thailand, a subsidiary of AirAsia, 31,500 baht for 1 year https://w3.tuneprotect.co.th/WebPortal/Pages/TAOnline01.aspx?Keys=BQSRGVKQQUKQAVY5P8KLG2KZ94ML26U3BJUXXGSF28UZG4RRX4JLAGFRW2 

Thai General Insurance Association (mentioned already) 43,200 baht for 1 year 

LUMA appears limited to age 75 and under. At least, when filling it out, it will nto accept a year of birth before 1946