Can 12years+ Thais been vaccinated?

Dario

the next year, when there would probably be enough doses for adults, they would do minors.

So far they haven't said a word.

In the USA they are already doing it for sometimes. 

The UK wanted to do it from September, I don't know of progress.

You should go into illegal action, as less than half adults are vaxed until now. She will be singled out, all involved will face consequences 

I think the current "plan" is to vaccinate some 4 mm in the 12 - 18 YO bracket with Pfizer from the initial government order of 20 mm doses. This may start from Q4 2021.

That said, sinovac is said to be seeking approval for those as young as three, so one never knows what might happen.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

the child in the house if she is unvaccinated, because, according to many of this forum unvaccinated people are as bad a drunk drivers and are a danger to everyone else because they spread the virus, make mutations and harm at risk people....so should be segregated and denied their rights. 

I agree. Unvaccinated people should be arrested and detained. Perhaps they should be executed. Shot. I haven't made up my mind yet.

21 hours ago, Heng said:

The registration announcements I've seen are still '12 and over WITH health issues.'  

I know of one 14 y.o student of mine having had a pfizer jab last week. I don't know if he has medical issues. Another student to be jabbed this week. I think there will be a big push to vaxx 12-18 y.o soon, as the government really wants these students to be back at school. 

21 hours ago, Bukowski said:

Do you vaccinate her against flu every year? Influenza is unquestionably more dangerous to children than covid. Do some research, avoid all media (including this forum) for a while and think... 

Well said and very sensible response

• Like 2

23 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Surprised he is allowing the child in the house if she is unvaccinated, because, according to many of this forum unvaccinated people are as bad a drunk drivers and are a danger to everyone else because they spread the virus, make mutations and harm at risk people....so should be segregated and denied their rights. 

If she looks that mature there are other dangers to be aware of......????????????

• Haha 1

On 9/5/2021 at 8:33 AM, Bukowski said:

Do you vaccinate her against flu every year? Influenza is unquestionably more dangerous to children than covid. Do some research, avoid all media (including this forum) for a while and think... 

Yes but children with Covid are dangerous to vulnerable adults they come in contact with- that is the point of vaccinating everyone- to prevent or reduce transmission to those who will die

• Like 1

On 9/6/2021 at 3:26 AM, sead said:

Totally crazy. Children doesn't die from covid.  If you chose to take then that's OK. But don't make others do it

Vaccines required (some/all, in many locales) for children:

Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis
Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
Measles, Mumps, & Rubella
Meningococcal Conjugate
Human Papillomavirus
Hepatitis A & B
Pneumococcal
Chickenpox
Rotavirus
Polio

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

Someone's a few colors short of a rainbow I think?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Vaccines required (some/all, in many locales) for children:

Diphtheria, Tetanus, & Pertussis
Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
Measles, Mumps, & Rubella
Meningococcal Conjugate
Human Papillomavirus
Hepatitis A & B
Pneumococcal
Chickenpox
Rotavirus
Polio

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/child-adolescent.html

Someone's a few colors short of a rainbow I think?

In Los Angeles children 12+ must be vaccinated starting JAN 14 next year. Switzerland makes vaccination for kids 12+ also compulsory, there are more countries. The question is not if/that children die from covid, but If they have covid they can transmit it to others (high risk people) who can die.  Biontech (Pfizer) will launch a covid vaccine for kids 8-12 years  in  in as little as 1 month from now. It will be first launched in Germany. As soon as it is approved in Switzerland it will be available there as well.

Edited by Dario

On 9/10/2021 at 7:02 PM, partington said:

Yes but children with Covid are dangerous to vulnerable adults they come in contact with- that is the point of vaccinating everyone- to prevent or reduce transmission to those who will die

<deleted>. That is based on the theory of asymptomatic transmission, which has almost zero scientific merit. If a person, adult or child, is symptomatic, the remedy is to stay in bed until recovered - i.e. isolate. A healthy child or adult poses no threat to others... The vaccine protects the vulnerable. Looks like you've lapped up the big pharma nonsense. 

I think my question if Thais 12years + can get vaccinated, was not so stupid at all.

I just read The Pattaya News and there is a very interesting article which answers my question. Here is the article. The title reads: All students 12-18 expected to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations prior to ‘on-site’ learning nationwide by mid-November, says Thailand’s Public Health Ministry. Students nationwide whose parents consent to the vaccination will receive 2 Pfizer shots before entering on-site classes mid November. Interesting news indeed!

6 hours ago, Scott said:

Well, it seems that you are at a MUCH higher risk of getting myocarditis if you are unvaccinated and catch Covid:

Study: Myocarditis risk 37 times higher for children with COVID-19 than uninfected peers

https://www.aappublications.org/news/2021/08/31/covid-myocarditis-risk-children-083121

Looking at the latest posts, it all depends on what side of the ocean you are.....????????????