Bangkok immigration opens on Saturday, 45 days advance service

(if is this already in the forum just close).

Bangkok immigration now does some services on Saturday and generally allows 45 days advance application for extension.

Read yourself:

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/courses/แจ้งประชาสัมพันธ์-การย-2/

Categories:News
Tags:openings on every Saturday, visa extension

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
In order to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19, the immigration division 1 will providing additional service days by openings on every Saturday from now on ( 4th, September ) until further notice.
the services which going to open on Saturday are;

The visa extension in every type
– Counter L,M,N,J located in building B, government complex, Chaeng Wattana Rd.
– Counter K located in temporary center, Muang Thong Thani.

The foreigner can submit an application to stay before the expiration date 45 days in advance.

90 days report and notification of residence located in temporary center, Muang Thong Thani

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I has been mentioned in this topic starting with his post. If was first found on division ones Facebook page.

So they changed the 3 days rule for the covid extension at CW? So now, I can apply for the covid extension 45 days prior to the expiration date?

5 minutes ago, lolalol said:

So they changed the 3 days rule for the covid extension at CW? So now, I can apply for the covid extension 45 days prior to the expiration date?

Error....

I initially answered yes. I overlooked your reference to covid extension. I was thinking of 12 month extension.

I'm thinking up to 15 days early for covid extension would be the norm

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolalol said:

The 45 days is meant to be for long stay extensions. Not sure they would do a 60 day extension 45 days early.

• Like 1

It was only in mid-July that the same BKK Immigration Division posted a different announcement saying they wanted extension of stay folks and others to ONLY come within 3 days prior to their expiry deadline...  I was wondering what ever happened to that deal also...

And in checking, I see that announcement is still posted on a different page of the same Division 1 Immigration website!   I really wish they would/could make up their minds!!!

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

"By Web master

????????Announcement????????
Due to the current situation of the cornavirus epidemic has become more severe.
And there are many infected people.
To reduce congestion the risk of infection the Immigration Division 1
therefore ask for cooperation from those who will come to apply for permission stay in the Kingdom at
Chaengwatthana Government Center (J,L,M,N counter)
-Extension Visa ex Extension of Long stay for Non-Immigrant
Visa ex. NON-O, NON-B, NON-ED
– Retirement

[shortened and edited for brevity]

to contact and submit an application to stay.
Before the expiration date not more than 3 days in advance only.
*****Starting from 20 July 2021****

Immigration Division 1 apologizes for any inconvenience if the situation improves.
We will notify you of the changes in the future."
Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I really wish they would/could make up their minds!!!

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/important-announcement/

My take is it's poor web site design but their minds are made up. The older expired 3 day rule comes under the Announcement tab, and the revised back to 45/day+Saturdays rule comes under the News tab which also has an older news item later, without any attempt to rescind the older announcements.

Are you going soon, I always look forward to your trip reports. Particularly keen to get first hand knowledge if KBank is open downstairs like their main web site says as folks on FB said it was shuttered up?

3 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

My take is it's poor web site design but their minds are made up. The older expired 3 day rule comes under the Announcement tab, and the revised back to 45/day+Saturdays rule comes under the News tab which also has an older news item later, without any attempt to rescind the older announcements.

Are you going soon, I always look forward to your trip reports. Particularly keen to get first hand knowledge if KBank is open downstairs like their main web site says as folks on FB said it was shuttered up?

I'm due to go later this month, but am not going to rely on any bank branches being open at CW, and instead, will simply get the deposit letter a day or two before from my home branch near my home.

I thought I saw one post here the other day saying only ONE bank branch was open in the lower level of CW...but can't recall WHICH bank company was mentioned as actually being open. I would think there are phone numbers listed for the branches on the various banks' websites, so one way to be sure is to find those and actually call the branch ahead of time, and see if anyone's answering there.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

will simply get the deposit letter a day or two before from my home branch near my home.

Seems like a good idea. Have you done that before? What are the exact requirements when doing so? Does bank letter a day or two before and copy of bank book / bank statement have to match the same day or two before?

Since a lot of folks get their bank letter at a bank branch within the CW govt building I called today to the Krungsri branch to see if it was now reopened as Krungsri is where I keep my extension of stay deposit....and the branch is open again....back to normal days/hours....Mon-Fri, 0830 to 1630.  And the Thai wife called about an hour later after my call just to reconfirm.

Hopefully the branches of other banks in the building are open again also.

Edited by Pib
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stratocaster said:

Just for info. Yesterday I went to CWN to do my 1 year extension. I arrived at 0815 and was shocked to see 1000,s of people queuing outside. No problem, it is being used  as a jab center, just go to the front of the queue and enter as normal. I was given queue number 90 at 0825 and it looked like I was the last person to arrive. 0830 the door opened and I received N38 queue number. There were approx. 4 people at L section 40 people at N section and 70 people at M. I was seen at 0900 and was finished at 0920. When I left there was no one at L or N and around 10 people at M.

I tried to make a booking last week but was told no need. I was told that I must have a TM30 for Bangkok or they would not accept the paperwork.

When you say TM 30, do you mean the original from the landlord? 

Last year I showed them my receipt on the app and that wasn't enough. Luckily I had the original application form from the landlord

11 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Seems like a good idea. Have you done that before? What are the exact requirements when doing so? Does bank letter a day or two before and copy of bank book / bank statement have to match the same day or two before?

On such matters, it's all up to the local bank branch you're dealing with.  Some are easy, some will claim they don't know what you're talking about or will take days to produce the letter. The main HQ branch of Thai banks often are more handy for such things.

Last time I asked at my local Krungsri branch with an EN speaking staff member there, she assured me they'd issue me an bank deposit letter for Immigration on demand/while I wait.

FWIW, a friend confirmed yesterday that the Krungsri branch at BKK CW is back open again and operating with normal hours, so income letters should be available there as well. But last time, they had about a 40 minute wait first thing in the morning, and made me late for the Immigration appointment window I had that morning.

• Thanks 1

The reason the Krungsri branch in the CW Imm building typically takes around 45 minutes  to generate a bank letter is they input the letter request into their system, HQ Krungsri needs to coordinate on the letter, and then the Krungsri branch can print it out/sign it for you.   The approx 45 minutes is what I have experienced on the average over the last 4 years.  I think the fastest I ever got the letter at the CW Imm Krungsri branch was 20 minutes, one time around 60 minutes (last year), and the other two times around 30-45 minutes.  Your results will vary.  I'm always standing at their door at 0830am opening time and typically the 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the opening time queue.  Last year when it took around 60 minutes the rep who does the final signature kept calling HQ Krungsri asking why the coordination was taking so long as he had around 5 customers waiting for the letter so they could go up to immigration and apply for an extension.  

Now at Bangkok Bank they can typically generate the bank letter in about 15 minutes as they apparently don't require HQ to coordinate on the bank letter.....or they didn't require coordination when I use to use them up to about 4 years ago.

• Like 2

There's a new bit of paper to sign, it's a copy of the police order stating the income requirements. You have to sign to acknowledge that you understand these.

We were also prompted to complete a new TM.47 and file a 90-day report, and given a new next report data 90 days out, which we were told would reset the databases and allow us to report online in the future.

The four-step review process adds a bit of time, ~ 50 minutes from payment to passport return. They batch passports for these reviews, you can watch them as they  move from initial IO, to boss, to bosses boss to bosses bosses boss. Other than that, about the same as last year.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

There's a new bit of paper to sign, it's a copy of the police order stating the income requirements. You have to sign to acknowledge that you understand these.

We were also prompted to complete a new TM.47 and file a 90-day report, and given a new next report data 90 days out, which we were told would reset the databases and allow us to report online in the future.

Thanks for the update!

My upcoming retirement extension renewal is coming about 10 days before the due date for my next 90-day report.

In light of what you said above about BKK CW having you fill out a new TM47 form (for 90-day reporting), it sounds like, at least in my case, it might make sense to bring along with me a completed TM47 form to give to them along with the rest of my paperwork.

I wouldn't normally have done that, considering that Immigration at BKK CW has spent the last 2 years telling everyone there that EVERYTHING about 90-day reports can ONLY be done thru the MTT office.

Is it possible we have a very rare case of common sense being exercised there now at Immigration?  Actually allowing people, nee having people, process an updated 90-day report filing at the same time they do their annual extension of stay???

20 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

On such matters, it's all up to the local bank branch you're dealing with.  Some are easy, some will claim they don't know what you're talking about or will take days to produce the letter. The main HQ branch of Thai banks often are more handy for such things.

Thanks. What I was asking before was more related to what the CW Imm Officer wanted?

On 9/6/2021 at 5:44 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

will simply get the deposit letter a day or two before from my home branch near my home.

I would hate to go to a bank nearby my home a day or two earlier, get a letter and approved bank statement only to have it rejected by the CW IO as it was not close enough to the extension application time? But you have already done this before or will this be you first attempt get the bank documents a day or two earlier?

Personally in all the years I have extended I always went to the bank the same day.

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I would hate to go to a bank nearby my home a day or two earlier

800k method?

Monthly income method?

I use the income method (65,000/month).

I used two letters: 

1.) Account ownership

2.) Credit Advice Receipt (CAR) summary, listing each of twelve monthly items; the CARs are obtained each month.

Both letters were dated three (3) days previous, no issue. In the previous two years I used the same type of letters, they were dated two days previous. No issues then either.

I did need to do a same day BF in my passbook, and make a copy of that; done at Bangkok Bank Update machine at CW.

FWIW I also did a re-entry permit. After getting my extension, made a copy, got a queue, number (C-10) called before the ticket hit my hand. Three minutes later had my re-ep.  

16 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

800k method?

Monthly income method?

I use the income method (65,000/month).

I used two letters: 

1.) Account ownership

2.) Credit Advice Receipt (CAR) summary, listing each of twelve monthly items; the CARs are obtained each month.

Both letters were dated three (3) days previous, no issue. In the previous two years I used the same type of letters, they were dated two days previous. No issues then either.

I did need to do a same day BF in my passbook, and make a copy of that;

800k method. So I can do the letter and yearly statement at a home bank three days early likewise?

Sorry for not understanding but what is a BF ?

800k method. So I can do the letter and yearly statement at a home bank three days early likewise?

I don't know; that's why I asked, and gave my example (income method).

Sorry for not understanding but what is a BF ?

Balance Forward, displays as B/F in passbook. No clue what 800K folks use for documentation?

If I were doing the 800K method, and until I got confirmation, I would lean towards getting the documents/letters in the morning and going to CW for arrival at 12:45. Or see if you can get these at CW in the late morning, have lunch, the go in at 13:00.

Not busy at all (in the "L" desk area) these days. at 13:00 probably just a few stragglers from the AM shift? Parking is obviously not an issue. Giant puddles are though.

• Thanks 1