Car Repairs

Forkinhades

I had an accident in my car 5 weeks ago, the insurance guy arrived, and said it will be about 2 weeks for the car to be fixed, I telephone the garage every day, and get the same stupid thai responces, I have made 3 visits to the garage, and a little of the work has been done.

What else can I do to try and make garage do the work?? is it worth me speaking to the insurance people??

or what can anyone suggest?

I had an accident in my car 5 weeks ago, the insurance guy arrived, and said it will be about 2 weeks for the car to be fixed, I telephone the garage every day, and get the same stupid thai responces, I have made 3 visits to the garage, and a little of the work has been done.

What else can I do to try and make garage do the work?? is it worth me speaking to the insurance people??

Being in the smash repair industry for 12 years i can tell you now that some insures pay on time and others don't. I would say your insurance company are the latter (maybe)..Definately give the insurer a call and tell them you need the car ASAP. When you pick the car up from the garage make sure you have a very good look at the area that was hit, as they may do a "rough" job if they are rushed..

I don't think the repair shop cares that much about the owner as effectively the insurance company is their customer. So, I would probably attack this problem through the insurance company. Citing the extended repair period, ask/demand a loaner car (even if your insurance doesn't cover such, as they have failed to perform). I'd ask the insurance company to have your car towed elsewhere, TODAY, so that you could get it back in a timely manner for that trip you have planned. I don't think they'll do any of those things, but they might pick up the phone and direct some heat at the repair shop.