Khon Kaen tests new terminal and provincial governor gives stamp of approval

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na were in Khon Kaen on Sunday where provincial governor Dr Somsak Jangtrakul and local dignitaries paid an inspection visit to the international airport.

The new terminal there - Terminal 2 - is now 95% complete and they were conducting a trial reopening now that domestic flights have resumed. 

They were there when Vietjet VZ 216 arrived from Suvarnabhumi airport.

Strict measures to prevent Covid-19 were in place and the governor expressed his satisfaction with what he saw. 

This included what the media called a Termal Gate.

We think they meant Thermal. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

3 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Does anyone know, or even care, where these so called Int fights will be going to from KK?

From Thai media back in December 2020:-

In an interview with local media the governor of Khon Kaen has intimated that direct flights between the north eastern Thai city and Vietnam and Singapore are a possibility.

Pre-Covid-19, when I was a Tourist Police Volunteer in Khon Kaen, Vientiane and Luang Prabang in Laos were also mentioned along with several Chinese destinations.

50 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

From Thai media back in December 2020:-

In an interview with local media the governor of Khon Kaen has intimated that direct flights between the north eastern Thai city and Vietnam and Singapore are a possibility.

Pre-Covid-19, when I was a Tourist Police Volunteer in Khon Kaen, Vientiane and Luang Prabang in Laos were also mentioned along with several Chinese destinations.

Cheers, Bill. Logically I assumed it would be something like that. maybe KL too.

• Thanks 1