Massive search underway for missing child in Thailand’s Chiang Mai

webfact

lost-girl-CM.jpg

A massive search was launched today, involving dozens of local police, border patrol police, rescue volunteers and villagers, for a girl aged one year and eleven months who has been missing from her home, in Intakin sub-district of Mae Taeng district in Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai, since Sunday night.

Heat-seeking drones and sniffer dogs have also been deployed to look for the child within a 2-3 kilometre radius of Huay Fak Dab village, where she lives with her parents.

The last person to see the girl told the police that he saw her walking along the road in the village at about 6.45pm on Sunday, adding that he also saw five cars travelling on the road around the same time.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/massive-search-underway-for-missing-child-in-thailands-chiang-mai/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, jobsworth said:

Self preservation. He can't be set up as a paedophile.

This is a real danger in Thailand.

In Thailand jeez when in oz i wouldn't even say hello to kids on my street, here the kids say hello to me with a smile. He could have stopped and called the cops, or taken her to the nearest house until sorted any kid that age can barely walk, and if seen around where i live, would immediately be stopped by most/all neighbours know everybody's kids. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

A young child in Australia who was missing for 4 days in the bush,

has been found, alive and well, just hope this case turns out as well,

Regards Worgeordie 

Years ago I remember a similar story the 2yr old was found under a bush eating ants, fit and well, and appeared quite happy where it was.

UPDATE:

Couple held by police as search resumes for missing girl in Chiang Mai

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivZJnKq44fpApviigd6aO7PIKG34At4BKP4KCHO.jpg

A couple is being been held in police custody for questioning in connection with the search for a 23-month-old girl, who went missing from a remote village in Mae Taeng district of Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai on Sunday night.

The 44-year-old Akha man is a neighbour of the missing girl’s father. He and his wife were separately questioned by police for several hours yesterday, after which both were detained on charges of illegal entry.

A blanket search for the child known as “Gina”, involving several local police, border patrol police, volunteers and villagers of Huay Fak Dab in Intakin sub-district, resumed today after massive search yesterday, which was called off at night.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/couple-held-by-police-as-search-resumes-for-missing-girl-in-chiang-mai/

Logo-top-.png