Coming back from Laos to Thailand - is there a storage company in Samui?

simon43

As @Tropicalevosays, there was a storage company - Samui Self Storage, I think they were named - but it's long time I've seen anything about them.

DHL, and some of the other transport companies might be able to offer storage service, DHL is very good on Samui.

Otherwise it should however not be a problem to rent some space for a few boxes. When I moved down here I rented a small bungalow as storage for my boxes, until I got my house finished, 3.500 baht a month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

When I moved down here I rented a small bungalow as storage for my boxes, until I got my house finished, 3.500 baht a month.

I do not know how long ago that was, but I do similar. I rent a small one bedroom 'Thai terrace' place for 2,500 per month next to Wat Plai Laem.

Thanks for all the offers!  I'm figuring out my options right now.  With Covid-19 all over the planet, it is logistically not easy to move body and boxes to another country.  I'm very happy here in Laos, but the local police are really making life 'difficult' for me, despite being told by Vientiane authorities to 'leave me alone'.  I'll see what tomorrow brings....

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 7:37 PM, simon43 said:

Thanks for all the offers!  I'm figuring out my options right now.  With Covid-19 all over the planet, it is logistically not easy to move body and boxes to another country.  I'm very happy here in Laos, but the local police are really making life 'difficult' for me, despite being told by Vientiane authorities to 'leave me alone'.  I'll see what tomorrow brings....

Why do you like Laos so much? I guess you are a fan of peace and quiet?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 11:29 PM, RickG16 said:

Why do you like Laos so much? I guess you are a fan of peace and quiet?

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, I enjoy the country, quiet life ????

As for the police problems, they managed to 'sabotage' my radio ham hobby (to some extent), by instructing the radio licencing department in Vientiane not to allow me to operate on any frequency bands where radio hams share the band with other users (there are a few shortwave ham bands where this is the case).  So I've lost use of 2 bands that I used before, plus another 3 bands that I had asked to use.  I can still enjoy my ham radio hobby here, but I wonder what next year's radio licence renewal will bring...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Sorry for the late reply! Yes, I enjoy the country, quiet life ????

As for the police problems, they managed to 'sabotage' my radio ham hobby (to some extent), by instructing the radio licencing department in Vientiane not to allow me to operate on any frequency bands where radio hams share the band with other users (there are a few shortwave ham bands where this is the case).  So I've lost use of 2 bands that I used before, plus another 3 bands that I had asked to use.  I can still enjoy my ham radio hobby here, but I wonder what next year's radio licence renewal will bring...

What is a radio ham?

On 9/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, simon43 said:

Well, after about 3 happy years living in Laos, it seems that the immigration police want me out of the country (they will not let me do my science project research from my rented house in Luang Prabang).  They have given me 7 days to comply, and will then start fining me

Just curious, but how do you cross the borders if the borders are closed?  Or have they reopened - i.e., can people do border runs again.  Just wondering.
Sorry you were unable to remain.  What sort of Lao visa were you using?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...