tourist visa into 1 year extension (marriage)

Hello

Just want to know when I come back to Thailand with Tourist visa or visa exempt (is visa exempt even possible now??) in about 4 months time, can i after that apply for a 1 year extension based on marriage? Can that be done when entering Thailand on Tourist visa or exempt? What are requirements to do so if possible?

Thanks  for your help.

Ales

You can apply for a 90 day non-o visa entry at immigration with a tourist visa or visa exempt (the are allowed now) entry.

Requirements are here.  https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/6.pdf

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days you could apply for the one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply or proof of 40k baht income,

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

Ubon, if I read the requirements for 90 day non-0 visa correctly, I just need 400.000 Baht in my bank account on the day of my application. No need to be there for 2 months??

Thanks again for your help.

That is only for the non-o visa application.

For the one year extension it needs to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply during the last 30 days of the 90 days the visa allows.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will just use this topic and not use new one.

Wright now I am on a 1 year extension based on marriage. Can I go on Covid extension after my 1 year extension based on marriage ends (start of November). And after COvid extension ends I would do another 1 year extension based on marriage. I would like do this because I need time to season the 400K in the bank. Is this posiblle? 

For this 1year extension based on marriage I used an agent (didnt have 400k in the bank). I hear that could be a problem as well if this year I want to do it without an agent?

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

I will just use this topic and not use new one.

Wright now I am on a 1 year extension based on marriage. Can I go on Covid extension after my 1 year extension based on marriage ends (start of November). And after COvid extension ends I would do another 1 year extension based on marriage. I would like do this because I need time to season the 400K in the bank. Is this posiblle? 

For this 1year extension based on marriage I used an agent (didnt have 400k in the bank). I hear that could be a problem as well if this year I want to do it without an agent?

Thanks

you could get a 60 day visit thai wie extension, if you have not had one this entry into thailand

6 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension and the apply for your one year extension of stay when you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension and the apply for your one year extension of stay when you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

And you think it would not be a problem because my last (this) 1year extension was made with help of an agent in another province (didnt have 400k in the bank for 2 months). Some people said IO would check my last 1 year extension and they would see I didnt season the money for 2 months. Is any truth in that?

3 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

And you think it would not be a problem because my last (this) 1year extension was made with help of an agent in another province (didnt have 400k in the bank for 2 months). Some people said IO would check my last 1 year extension and they would see I didnt season the money for 2 months. Is any truth in that?

The would not look that far back your bank book to see if you had the 400k baht when you did your current extension.

I assume you have been doing 90 day reports to your local office.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

The would not look that far back your bank book to see if you had the 400k baht when you did your current extension.

I assume you have been doing 90 day reports to your local office.

No my agent is doing it at other province. IS that a problem?

12 minutes ago, Zategnenc said:

No my agent is doing it at other province. IS that a problem?

Before applying for the 60 day extension you will need change your address back to your local office. You will need to submit a TM30 form to do it at most offices.