Vaccine proof needed to dine in Hua Hin restaurants from Oct 1

snoop1130

80608408-1-696x522.jpeg

Only people who have been fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result will be allowed to dine in at restaurants in Hua Hin from October 1.

On Wednesday (Sept 8), Dr. Suriya Kuharat, provincial public health doctor of Prachuap Khiri Khan revealed details regarding the ‘Covid-free setting’ guidelines established by the Thai government in order to re-open businesses from October 1.

Dr. Suriya urged businesses, such as restaurants and hotels, to ensure they comply with the measures.

Full Story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/vaccine-proof-needed-to-dine-in-hua-hin-restaurants-from-oct-1/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2021-09-09

• Haha 2

My idea would be to get a screenshot of a fully-vaxxed friend's phone, and just show that to any restaurant staff. Are they really going to watch everyone log in to the app in front of them, or ask for proof of ID to match the names on the app to the ID? 

It's like when some places 'insist' on you checking in with the Thai Chana thing. I just point my phone at it and then pretend to go through the on-screen process as I walk in to the establishment.

but only 70% of staff need to be vaccinated and I left out the word "fully" because it doesn't seem to apply

Daft or what 

If they want to open up then 100% of all staff should be fully vaccinated with effective vaccines, how can this work any other way

The simple truth is they are not nearly ready for this 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 2long said:

My idea would be to get a screenshot of a fully-vaxxed friend's phone, and just show that to any restaurant staff. Are they really going to watch everyone log in to the app in front of them, or ask for proof of ID to match the names on the app to the ID? 

It's like when some places 'insist' on you checking in with the Thai Chana thing. I just point my phone at it and then pretend to go through the on-screen process as I walk in to the establishment.

and how do you know the staff are covid free and fully vaccinated - you don't 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Thailand said:

Sure to be a huge success, with what, 15% vax rate? 85% of potential customers don't qualify!

Yes, this is a bad time for this when so many people are going broke. It might be a better time when the sky is black with all these millions of good vaccines coming in. But when or if this happens everything maybe  open anyway and all you have to show is your money.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Only people who have been fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result will be allowed to dine in at restaurants in Hua Hin from October 1.

I thought they wanted domestic tourism?

Ohh well I guess that's a dead duck even before it got started.

85% are still waiting for the 2nd jab.

11 hours ago, smedly said:

but only 70% of staff need to be vaccinated and I left out the word "fully" because it doesn't seem to apply

Daft or what 

If they want to open up then 100% of all staff should be fully vaccinated with effective vaccines, how can this work any other way

The simple truth is they are not nearly ready for this 

Phuket said they were, that didn't work out too well .!

What's so crazy about this and certainly not only in Thailand; a fully vaccinated person can be or is still a spreader. There is nothing like it provides a shield around you. The vaccination is for that person not to get sick so called. Yeah, look at Israel.

An unvaccinated person therefor is no more risk to it's environment than a vaccinated one.

And that for a virus with the same morbidity percentage as flu/influenza.

The string pullers must be happy they got the whole world in panic mode.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, table for two, please.
-Sure, and your name.
-Cody. 
-Great. And do you and your guest have your vaccination cards?
-Hmmm well first..Can you tell us who our server will be?
-Um, looks like Brad will be your server tonight.
-Great. Can you show us Brad's vaccination card?
-Um...
-And also, can you provide me with proof that Brad is not a carrier of Hepatitis A or B, or any other communicable diseases?  Same for you and the kitchen staff. 
-Um...
-Also, we would prefer not to be served by someone who is on or uses recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, etc, so if you could provide us with Brad's most recent tox screen, that would be great. Matter of fact, imma need to see all of your employees medical history. 
-Um... Let me get the manager for you.
-That would be great, thanks.  Make sure they have their vax card and medical records please.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hugocnx said:

An unvaccinated person therefor is no more risk to it's environment than a vaccinated one.

That's not true. Even with the much more transmissible Delta variant around, vaccinated people are still several times less likely to get infected and therefore much less likely to spread it.

Coronavirus infections three times lower in double vaccinated people

Can I just point something out. The headline says:

"Vaccine proof needed to dine in Hua Hin restaurants from Oct 1"

However, the article actually then says:

"Only people who have been fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result will be allowed to dine in at restaurants".

Do you not see how the headline is contradicted by the actual content of the article?

2 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

That's not true. Even with the much more transmissible Delta variant around, vaccinated people are still several times less likely to get infected and therefore much less likely to spread it.

No that's not true. With the Delta variant the vaccinated are not "several times" less likely to get infected. 

The vaccinated are 49% less likely to be infected with the Delta variant, so 0.49 times.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/04/fully-vaccinated-half-as-likely-to-catch-delta-covid-variant-and-less-likely-to-infect-others-study-finds/?sh=3b77e352281c

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hugocnx said:

What's so crazy about this and certainly not only in Thailand; a fully vaccinated person can be or is still a spreader. There is nothing like it provides a shield around you. The vaccination is for that person not to get sick so called. Yeah, look at Israel.

And that for a virus with the same morbidity percentage as flu/influenza.

The string pullers must be happy they got the whole world in panic mode.

Lets speak about FACTS and not rumors or misinformation  spread at a high speed on the net with an an inexhaustible source .A person vaccinated can be still a spreader , YES , but , the spreading decrease by 60 % for the first(s) variants and unfortunately only by 30% for the delta variant. Israel , wrong example , the vaccination reached only 60 % of the population , one of the reasons of what is happening now . Israel is the 8th or 9th country for vaccinated population , please have a look at belgium , malta , iceland, denmark ...etc if you want a greater picture of vaccin effects.

About morbidity your figure is fully WRONG ,in europe flu/influenza death number is about 60,000 and COVID 970,000 you can check on HMO website or on that one https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/influenza-pneumonia/by-country  . Last but not least the number of hospitalized people with COVID is between 85 and 90 % of non Vaccinated people , we can also have look by country here is the link based on data compilation from John Hoptkins university https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. From my point of view people who refuse the vaccin are either stupid , misinform by people like you, or selfish .the issue of this act being to allow all people to live in a normal way as soon as possible . People who refuse vaccination are also the artisan of the virus mutation. IGNORANCE IS MURDEROUS BUT STUPIDITY IS GUILTY .

23 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Look what's happening in Israel. Lots of double or triple vaccinated people landing in hospital with corona infections. Those are super spreaders.

Don't read those sites like you mentioned. From the looks of their site you can already see it's  a commercial site (from a college!). There is better info available.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

No that's not true. With the Delta variant the vaccinated are not "several times" less likely to get infected. 

The study I referred to was done by Imperial College in the UK in August, when the Delta variant accounted for about 99% of infections.

It's findings are quite unequivocal (it's even mentioned in the link title) that vaccinated people are 3 times less likely to get infected.

4 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

The study I referred to was done by Imperial College in the UK in August, when the Delta variant accounted for about 99% of infections.

It's findings are quite unequivocal (it's even mentioned in the link title) that vaccinated people are 3 times less likely to get infected.

Well, the findings of that study are not borne out by other studies. As you can see here, the vaccinated are only 49% less likely to be infected with the Delta variant:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/04/fully-vaccinated-half-as-likely-to-catch-delta-covid-variant-and-less-likely-to-infect-others-study-finds/?sh=3b77e352281c

21 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Well, the findings of that study are not borne out by other studies. As you can see here, the vaccinated are only 49% less likely to be infected with the Delta variant:

What on earth are you talking about? That is literally the same study I linked to, the REACT study led by Imperial College, London.

That Forbes article actually mischaracterises and misquotes it. The Imperial College article itself, says the following:

People who were unvaccinated had a three-fold higher prevalence than those who had received both doses of a vaccine

51 minutes ago, petermach said:

Lets speak about FACTS and not rumors or misinformation  spread at a high speed on the net with an an inexhaustible source .A person vaccinated can be still a spreader , YES , but , the spreading decrease by 60 % for the first(s) variants and unfortunately only by 30% for the delta variant. Israel , wrong example , the vaccination reached only 60 % of the population , one of the reasons of what is happening now . Israel is the 8th or 9th country for vaccinated population , please have a look at belgium , malta , iceland, denmark ...etc if you want a greater picture of vaccin effects.

About morbidity your figure is fully WRONG ,in europe flu/influenza death number is about 60,000 and COVID 970,000 you can check on HMO website or on that one https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/influenza-pneumonia/by-country . Last but not least the number of hospitalized people with COVID is between 85 and 90 % of non Vaccinated people , we can also have look by country here is the link based on data compilation from John Hoptkins university https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. From my point of view people who refuse the vaccin are either stupid , misinform by people like you, or selfish .the issue of this act being to allow all people to live in a normal way as soon as possible . People who refuse vaccination are also the artisan of the virus mutation. IGNORANCE IS MURDEROUS BUT STUPIDITY IS GUILTY .

>>https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/cause-of-death/influenza-pneumonia/by-country<< with a subtext that data is from 2018. Please tell me you're not a WHO shill,

Data rounded. Decimals affect ranking.
Data Source: WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION 2018
Data Accuracy Not Guaranteed
Edited by hugocnx

47 minutes ago, hugocnx said:

From the looks of their site you can already see it's  a commercial site (from a college!).

Yes, it's from a college - Imperial College London, but that is an independent academic institution (part of the University of London) and not a commercial business. It has an impeccable reputation for scientific studies.

As the website Top Universities says:

Imperial is ranked 23rd in the world for academic reputation [and] has always had a fantastic reputation in the fields of science and technology.

World University Rankings

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

What on earth are you talking about? That is literally the same study I linked to, the REACT study led by Imperial College, London.

That Forbes article actually mischaracterises and misquotes it. The Imperial College article itself, says the following:

I am talking about your Imperial study. If you read on it clearly states:

"Based on these data, the researchers estimate that fully vaccinated people in this testing round had between around 50% to 60% reduced risk of infection, including asymptomatic infection, compared to unvaccinated people."

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/

So 0.5 times less likely to be infected than unvaccinated. How is that "several times less likely"???

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Yes, it's from a college - Imperial College London, but that is an independent academic institution (part of the University of London) and not a commercial business. It has an impeccable reputation for scientific studies.

As the website Top Universities says:

World University Rankings

And that is one of my pain points; trusting universities.