Govt covid vac's in Surat Thani

seajae

Where was this?......... because I didn't even get an invitation, but I have registered and am in Meuang Surat Thani.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me a number or tell me the location, as I really should be getting this vaccine, but appear well and truly excluded.

Thaksin private hospital was the vaccine centre  yesterday, next shot is 7th october so hopefully better organized. After effects have been headache with a bit of a high temp(sorted by tylenol 500), sore arm and was very light headed yesterday afternoon so had to lie down for a couple of hours, this morning the hedache is still there as is the sore arm but thats it.

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seajae said:

Thaksin private hospital was the vaccine centre  yesterday, next shot is 7th october so hopefully better organized. After effects have been headache with a bit of a high temp(sorted by tylenol 500), sore arm and was very light headed yesterday afternoon so had to lie down for a couple of hours, this morning the hedache is still there as is the sore arm but thats it.

You will get vaccine passport here -

Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute , Moo 4, Tiwanon Rd, Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi 11000

Tel 02 5903427

Fee is THB 50/-

12 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Invitation from expatvac.

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

I registered successfully on Expatvac on 5th August.  Unfortunately I didn't get an invite to the party.  I can only assume some clerical error.  Anyway, I'm feeling a touch excluded.  Thanks to seajae for his moral support.  I'm going along to Thaksin Hospital on Monday to try and get this sorted, but tbh I'm not expecting much as I've been told over the phone that there is no vaccine. I may gatecrash the next party and demand my rights (although in fact I appear not to have any).

By contrast I've been assured of a jab on the Intervac system but I will have to go to Chonburi, which is a heck of a trek from Surat Thani but I will do it when opportunity knocks.

If anybody knows of any opportunities in Bangkok please let me know, as I am up a gumtree. 

Edited by mommysboy

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I registered successfully on Expatvac on 5th August.  Unfortunately I didn't get an invite to the party.  I can only assume some clerical error.  Anyway, I'm feeling a touch excluded.  Thanks to seajae for his moral support.  I'm going along to Thaksin Hospital on Monday to try and get this sorted, but tbh I'm not expecting much as I've been told over the phone that there is no vaccine. I may gatecrash the next party and demand my rights (although in fact I appear not to have any).

By contrast I've been assured of a jab on the Intervac system but I will have to go to Chonburi, which is a heck of a trek from Surat Thani but I will do it when opportunity knocks.

If anybody knows of any opportunities in Bangkok please let me know, as I am up a gumtree. 

You have registered in August same as I did, so your nearest hospital will contact you when they want you to come and get your jab. 

If your concerned ring the local hospital or go there and enquire.

That's what my wife did for me and she was told September or October I will be contacted and then later I was asked to come to the hospital on 17th September.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Call Medpark and Vimut Hospital in BKK

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

You have registered in August same as I did, so your nearest hospital will contact you when they want you to come and get your jab. 

If your concerned ring the local hospital or go there and enquire.

That's what my wife did for me and she was told September or October I will be contacted and then later I was asked to come to the hospital on 17th September.

I've done all that by phone anyway (will send Mrs will go along on Monday- but she's not so good at this sort of thing). Vaccinations appear complete, and I am not receiving any response from Expatvac.  I've since found out that even young people got the jab. The problem is that there appears no other local option for me, but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, and Chonburi Hospital have accepted my registration, so I guess there is hope.

I'm most annoyed about being blanked by both the hospital and Expatvac.

Edited by mommysboy

38 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I've done all that by phone anyway (will send Mrs will go along on Monday- but she's not so good at this sort of thing). Vaccinations appear complete, and I am not receiving any response from Expatvac.  I've since found out that even young people got the jab. The problem is that there appears no other local option for me, but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, and Chonburi Hospital have accepted my registration, so I guess there is hope.

Big population where you are is probably the delay and when I went to get mine there were early 20's young people there because we were told before Thais are being vacinated first before farangies.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Visit the Dept of Public Health in Surat thani on Monday, Dont call.

Bring the wife along to translate if you don't speak Thai.

http://www.mstdho.com/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

How old you are could make difference in how Expatvax will line you up. 

Over 60 (61 Thai count).  I'm in the priority group.  Expatvac is for foreigners only. There were younger people being vaccinated I'm told.  As OP said there is the air of total mismanagement.  Everything seems very poorly organized.

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Over 60 (61 Thai count).  I'm in the priority group.  Expatvac is for foreigners only. There were younger people being vaccinated I'm told.  As OP said there is the air of total mismanagement.  Everything seems very poorly organized.

Did you upload copy of your visa as well??

12 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Did you upload copy of your visa as well??

Yes, I got the standard 'registration successful' message. I've checked inbox/spam every day. The registered email on the expat site still appears alive (as no one else can register with it).  It's really the utter lack of communication that is the problem.

STOP PRESS- I just got this message from EXPATVAC:

Your case has been received.
I will look into it. 
Please wait for your appointment.

----------------------------------
Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
The Kingdom of Thailand

Disclaimers:

1. Due to high demand, please allow 1 - 2 days for your email to be replied.

2. Any inquiries regarding the details of appointment, including the exact date and time, should be addressed to your local public health authorities or provincial authorities.

3. Any inquiries regarding policy complaint should be addressed to the authorities concerned, including the CCSA.

4. Please do not register more than once. Any duplicate registrations may result in further delays and potential system complications. Instead, registrants who have successfully registered but wish to amend their information should contact this email to access the system.

5. Please note that this channel is for technical inquires regarding the expatvac registration platform only.

It turns out that numerous people have had the same complaint in Surat Thani, and the failure is not down to Thaksin Hospital, who acted on all names provided by the Expatvac centre.  Some names were simply not forwarded to them.

Both the local District Health office, and the hospital are working on the problem.  There was a second round of vaccinations today.  I went uninvited and received good service.  Initially, I registered with them and was told the matter would be resolved quickly.  Later I got a call to come quickly as one candidate had cancelled.  So, I got my first jab today.  Thanks to OP and other posters for moral support.

It's not easy to know when to be patient or proactive- but in this instance it looks like the latter was 100% the right thing to do.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, in total I am receiving deplorable service here in Surat Thani through the Expatvac scheme in Surat Thani.

I turned up for my second dose of Pfizer as scheduled at Thaksin Hospital and the site was empty.  At reception, they sent me off on a wild goose chase to another centre that was closed.  I went to the District Public Health Office and after a while they explained there was no more vaccine, but there is a 50/50 chance on October 21st.  Nobody contacted me either first or second dose.  I only got the first dose after being very proactive. Total lack of communication.  

I feel I want to make an official complaint, not just about not getting the vaccine, but the appalling lack of communication start to finish.  I repeatedly asked at the district health office about this but they weren't very forthcoming. Does anyone know how I might do this?

I guess there's not much I can do if I can't get the second dose of Pfizer.  I reckon I'll just have to wait out a few months more, and start again.  At least I've got some protection against hospitalization or death, and I am very fit for my age, so here's hoping.

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Actually, in total I am receiving deplorable service here in Surat Thani through the Expatvac scheme in Surat Thani.

I turned up for my second dose of Pfizer as scheduled at Thaksin Hospital and the site was empty.  At reception, they sent me off on a wild goose chase to another centre that was closed.  I went to the District Public Health Office and after a while they explained there was no more vaccine, but there is a 50/50 chance on October 21st.  Nobody contacted me either first or second dose.  I only got the first dose after being very proactive. Total lack of communication.  

I feel I want to make an official complaint, not just about not getting the vaccine, but the appalling lack of communication start to finish.  I repeatedly asked at the district health office about this but they weren't very forthcoming. Does anyone know how I might do this?

I guess there's not much I can do if I can't get the second dose of Pfizer.  I reckon I'll just have to wait out a few months more, and start again.  At least I've got some protection against hospitalization or death, and I am very fit for my age, so here's hoping.

2nd dose was on 7th Oct 21 at Sahathai Garden Plaza, Suratthani.

Opposite the Catholic Church

7 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

2nd dose was on 7th Oct 21 at Sahathai Garden Plaza, Suratthani.

Opposite the Catholic Church

Mine was scheduled for 11th at Thaksin Hospital. I once again did not hear differently. 

They've already conceded the error.

You seem knowledgeable.  Do you know how I might make a complaint at a higher level?

Edited by mommysboy