K-pop Singer Lisa’s Remark Benefit Pork Ball Vendors

webfact

Web-32-1.png

BURI RAM, Sept 13 (TNA) – Fried pork ball vendors in the northeastern province enjoyed rising sales as Thai-born K-pop singer Lalisa “Lisa” Manoban said in an interview that she wanted to eat fried pork balls here again if she happened to return to Thailand.

After the Blackpink member Lisa released her first solo single ‘Lalisa’ which rapidly gathered surging views, she gave an interview in a Thai TV program. She said she had not returned to Thailand for nearly two years and she missed her parents. If she returns to Thailand, she will pay respect to the ashes of her maternal grandfather and eat fried pork balls at the Buri Ram railway station because she liked their spicy sauce very much.

Fried pork ball vendors at the train station said that their sales had dropped by over 50% during the COVID-19 pandemic because customers had disappeared. Then Lisa’s remark on their products started to raise their sales as local people and tourists were ordering fried pork balls through deliverymen.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-779335

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nausea said:

The way of the world these days, social media drives the agenda. Incidentally, I see where a fake news report re Wallmart drove up the price of Litecoin 20%, crazy times.

Thanks ! I'm in before the surge ! (????????????)

Edited by tonray

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

She is not doing a service to the nation. Pork balls here are likely made out of the kind of stuff you would not want to know about. And they are probably extremely toxic, nearly indigestible, and simply tragic for a healthy person to consume. 

Fight for the right to gobble real pig balls! ... if that's your preference.

2 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Fight for the right to gobble real pig balls! ... if that's your preference.

From Pulp Fiction. One of the truly classic snippets about pork, on film.

Vincent:
Want some bacon?

Jules:
No man, I don't eat pork.

Vincent:
Are you Jewish?

Jules:
Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.

Vincent:
Why not?

Jules:
Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.

Vincent:
Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.

Jules:
Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er. Pigs sleep and root in sh*t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense enough to disregard its own faeces.

Vincent:
How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.

Jules:
I don't eat dog either.

Vincent:
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?

Jules:
I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

Vincent:
Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?

Jules:
Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charmin' motherf***in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?