Bangkok reopening to foreign tourists delayed to mid October so 70% can get vaccinated

webfact

We ware thinking of going to Europe for a few weeks, Does that mean that if we return after October 15 and we are fully vaccinated, we wont need to quarantine when we arrive in BKK?  And how soon would we be allowed to continue on to our final destination at KKC?

These things are so confusing. 

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Yet another u turn yesterday TAT was adamant the Country would be fully open on October 1st as promised by the PM and I will be mega surprised if later today the U.K. removes Thailand off there red list 

TAT doesn't make the final decision... that belongs to the government.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Only 30% so far in four months since the start of the drive, how are they going to do the remaining 40% in one month [double shots]?

Most are single shot AZ in June/July period and need up to 8-12 weeks apart i.e. September. 33% of Bangkok population falls in this group. The opening delay to mid-October is expected to reach 70%. It can be done. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Second jab not available.  I was told by a St. Louis Hospital staffer today that second jabs are no longer available at Bang Sue.  I am scheduled for a second jab there on Oct 5th.  They have discontinued  doing them due to a shortage of vaccine.   Bumrungrad won't do the AZ second jabs.  Once more it's a scramble for vaccines.  I will check on Intervac.com to see what's available.

So they're going to open Bangkok to tourism in October?  With the mad scramble for second shots, it doesn't seem likelyvunless they just ignore to 70% vaccinated condition for reopening.

• Like 2

Are they really going to let tourists roam all of Bangkok? In Phuket, I read foreigners were limited to certain zones. There's no way, unless they put an ankle bracelet one people, that they can track everyone's movement. I'd love to see the film of airport workers welcoming tourists to the Land of Smiles as they cuff them with their Big Brother monitoring devices. 

Open, close, open, close... I wish they would just shut-up to announce their plans until they have a final conclusion and procedure to announce.

Anyhow, if BKK will be similar to Phuket sandbox system this will be useless. I have an apartment in BKK and do not intend to sleep in Hotel just to waste money and time.

October 15 will become November 1st, which might even become November 15 then 30th before

the real reopening happens.  I just hope that Thailand gets all its scheduled vaccine shipments

on time.  Keep positive every one because some day in the High Tourist season, Thailand will want

all of us international tourists to come back and help their economy.  It is all about the money

in the end.

Geezer

• Like 1

But how do you get to Pattaya if you can't go through Bangkok without quarantine?  Does that not include Suvarnabhumi airport?

I would need to see details of what the plan is exactly before I try book anything.

Edited by shdmn

On 9/16/2021 at 8:54 AM, kevin612 said:

I won’t fly to Thailand if quarantine is not removed, hopefully January will be back to normal.

As long as the ASQ is benefitting the unelected PM and his generals financially, it will stay as long as they can get away with it. Same applies to everything that is making certain peoples finances keep rising, PCR, insurance scams etc. 

This is not just a Thai thing, it is also happening in the UK and probably all the western countries, many politicians, would be politicians, hospitals, etc are getting richer all the time because of this pandemic. There is no end to certain peoples greed while the ordinary people are suffering just to keep allowing these greedy people to keep getting richer. 

• Like 1