Intoxicated driver crashes his pickup truck into Pattaya road barriers during curfew time

webfact

tpn1.jpg

PHOTO: Eak Chon News

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – An intoxicated construction contractor crashed his pickup truck into road barriers in Pattaya during a current mandatory curfew time early yesterday morning.

The Pattaya City Police was notified of the accident at 12:16 A.M. (September 16th) on the Motorway in Nongprue. Due to Covid-19, a mandatory curfew is currently in place from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M daily and has been running since July 20th.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a damaged pickup truck as well as several slightly damaged road barriers.

The intoxicated driver, Mr. Pisarn Thongta, 35, a construction contractor, was found inside the pickup truck with his girlfriend, whose name was not released by law enforcement. They had both sustained minor injuries but declined medical assistance.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/17/intoxicated-driver-crashes-his-pickup-truck-into-pattaya-road-barriers-during-curfew-time/

PattayaNews.jpg

4 hours ago, wprime said:

If they're not releasing the name either:

- she's someone else's partner so she had to cover it up.

- she's underage

Place your bets.

The drunken contractor has a wife or the girl friend is married . Each way bet 

5 hours ago, wprime said:

If they're not releasing the name either:

- she's underage

Place your bets.

all wrong, it was a She-Man...this girl with the ugly beard

42 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...or, there's just no reason to release her name, what's her identity got to do with anyone else?

"she's underage"

What is the legal age to be a passenger in a car?

Somewhat lower than that of being the 'girlfriend' of a 35 yr old man

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, mrfill said:
53 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...or, there's just no reason to release her name, what's her identity got to do with anyone else?

"she's underage"

Somewhat lower than that of being the 'girlfriend' of a 35 yr old man

What?  Are you seriously suggesting that the passenger was an underage girlfriend of the driver?  What are you basing that brilliant assertion on?

• Like 1

Based on the increase in traffic volume passing my condo after 9pm now, there can't be too many road checkpoints to ensure that people are abiding by the curfew. Maybe they should scrap the curfew and start breath testing stations. DIU doesn't seem to worry the average person but it might eventually sink in that drink driving leads to grief.

Come on! It wasn't his fault. He said so.
“Before the accident another car bumped into the rear bumper of my vehicle, sending me into a road barrier and causing me to lose control.” Mr. Pisarn also claimed.

Reminds me of a pickup driver who drove into a ditch outside my home and claimed someone had walked out in front of him. It was a quiet country road, 10.30 at night, where few walk even in the daytime. And no night-time stroller was in sight when we arrived at the scene 30 seconds after the accident.

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"she's underage"

Under age for the media to report her name obviously.

• Sad 1

This just keeps happening and it is only fortunate nobody was injured or worse here by this selfish stupid driver. I would like to hear the vehicle has been impounded and he had to spend the night in the cells and will be heavily fined for drunk driving. As to protecting the girl's identity, I have no sense of her needing protection... she allowed him to drive drunk and got into the vehicle herself. Thais currently have no sense of consequence and do not worry what their actions might bring about... he could have hit another vehicle packed with people. 

18 hours ago, wprime said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"she's underage"

Under age for the media to report her name obviously.

That is not obvious.   

Insinuations were being made about a 35-year old man having an underage girlfriend and the subsequent connotations.   The contexts of those allegations were, obviously, not relating to "the media not being able to release her name due to her age", a rule that you have made up in the context of a road accident.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That is not obvious.   

Insinuations were being made about a 35-year old man having an underage girlfriend and the subsequent connotations.   The contexts of those allegations were, obviously, not relating to "the media not being able to release her name due to her age", a rule that you have made up in the context of a road accident.

No such insinuations were made, I literally said that the media wasn't releasing their name right above it.

Your own personal biases drew you to your conclusion about having an underage girlfriend. Get your mind out of the gutter.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wprime said:

No such insinuations were made, I literally said that the media wasn't releasing their name right above it.

Your own personal biases drew you to your conclusion about having an underage girlfriend. Get your mind out of the gutter.

I made no suggestions that anyone was underage, I responded to your post that said that she may be.    Your mind is the one in the gutter, this is what you posted...

"If they're not releasing the name either:

- she's underage"

That is insinuating that the 35-year old man was with an underage girl and "underage" generally refers to underage for sex.   If you're saying that she may be underage for something else, you should clarify what that is.  Let's hear what else could she be "underage" for that required her identity to be hidden after nothing more than a mild road accident?

Edited by Liverpool Lou