Appointment to collect extension at CW

To any of you who've recently applied for an extension based on wife/kids at CW. Did the immigration schedule you for an appointment to collect the extension, or did they call you when it was ready to collect? Did you have any home visit by IOs during the consideration period? 

Edited by RotBenz8888

You get the under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. You go back to get it on that day.

There are no appointments given to do it.

I have not seen any recent report of them doing a home visit. It think they have been stopped doing them due to covid 19.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You get the under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. You go back to get it on that day.

There are no appointments given to do it.

I have not seen any recent report of them doing a home visit. It think they have been stopped doing them due to covid 19.

Is that procedure different in other provinces? I heard those who've  got a call to collect their extension when it was ready. 

13 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Is that procedure different in other provinces? I heard those who've  got a call to collect their extension when it was ready. 

Rayong do home visits but not 100% of the time. They may require the witness who went with you at application but again that's not 100% of the time.

Edited by overherebc
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Some may call you when they get the approval from the division headquarters.

I have done 14 extensions and never got a phone call from the office here. My wife calls them when it is close to the report back date.

• Thanks 1

I switched from a retirement to marriage extension last year at CW....was told to come back on the date stamped in my passport (it was around 30 days later) with updated bank passbook.  During that under consideration period they did not do a home visit. 

Just this Monday/20 Sep I applied for renewal of my marriage extension which is good thru 31 Oct.  I was given a stamp/date in my passport of 1 Nov to come back with my passport and updated bank passbook to get the final stamp.   

Summary: you don't make an appointment to come back....just come back on the date of the stamp which serves as an appointment of sorts.   If for some reason you simply can't make that date then contact CW about getting it a little earlier/different date. 

• Thanks 1