Travelling By Bus Or Vip Coach

I'm in no hurry and as I've never seen that much of the Thai countryside I was wondering, does anyone know if there is such a beast as a scheduled road connection to Kuala Lumpur from Bangkok (and return) everyday please? Thanks a lot for any advice! :o

Would you suggest I go visit any travel agent? Or do you (or anyone else please) have any personal recommendations at all? :o

You could book through an agent in the tourist areas(for BKK- Haad Yai) They often run a mini bus to the bus terminal in the price but you could also go to the Southern Bus terminal and book yourself. You could even just turn up there if you didn't mind waiting for a few departures.

The direct buses arrive Haad Yai in the morning so you would have plenty of time to organise yourself a bus to KL either that day or the next. Haad Yai is compact and crawling with agents and cheap hotels with ticket agencies.

Would you suggest I go visit any travel agent? Or do you (or anyone else please) have any personal recommendations at all? :o

You could book through an agent in the tourist areas(for BKK- Haad Yai) They often run a mini bus to the bus terminal in the price but you could also go to the Southern Bus terminal and book yourself. You could even just turn up there if you didn't mind waiting for a few departures.

The direct buses arrive Haad Yai in the morning so you would have plenty of time to organise yourself a bus to KL either that day or the next. Haad Yai is compact and crawling with agents and cheap hotels with ticket agencies.

Just to add to Mahout Angrit's useful reply, when arriving in Hat Yai bus/outstation coach terminal, take a tut-tut to the town centre where there are plenty of travel agents who will sell you an air-con coach ticket to KL (~400B). Coach services to KL are available for travel in the morning at regular intervals, the most convenient one leaves around 10 am Thai time. That will reach KL Puduraya bus terminal at around 6:30pm Malaysian time which is just nice for dinner before you check into your accomodation.

Just to add to Mahout Angrit's useful reply, when arriving in Hat Yai bus/outstation coach terminal, take a tut-tut to the town centre where there are plenty of travel agents who will sell you an air-con coach ticket to KL (~400B). Coach services to KL are available for travel in the morning at regular intervals, the most convenient one leaves around 10 am Thai time. That will reach KL Puduraya bus terminal at around 6:30pm Malaysian time which is just nice for dinner before you check into your accomodation.

I really appreciate the additional advice Bukuteh. :o

I'm in no hurry and as I've never seen that much of the Thai countryside I was wondering, does anyone know if there is such a beast as a scheduled road connection to Kuala Lumpur from Bangkok (and return) everyday please? Thanks a lot for any advice! :o

This is a very nice ride, did it with my parents a while back :

http://www.orient-express.com/web/eoe/journeys/3_65110.jsp

Next departing on June 10th.