Wooden sofa/chair sizing?

stubuzz

My wife has her eye on a teak sofa set (L 200 x D 60 x H 40 cm). However, it seems to be very narrow at only 60cm deep. The supplier also has a set with a 80cm depth, but claims that the 60cm set is the most popular. I am out of the country and the supplier is 800km away so it is not possible to take a look before buying. So, if anybody has a wooden chair set and could comment on the 60cm depth i would be grateful.

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Apparently not. Others think this is exactly what forums are for? Advice.

for sofa measurements ... ?      lol                 geeeze .....  I really didn't believe folks were so inept.

i'm sorry,  for my lack of knowledge.

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I would not consider buying any chairs or sofas until I've had a good long sit on them. I've made mistakes far too often in the past not to adhere to that principle.

Yes. That is part of the reason for my question. I have sat on a few wooden sofas in Thailand and as i remember all of them have been too large, but i think the size adds to their appeal.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:09 PM, stubuzz said:

My wife has her eye on a teak sofa set (L 200 x D 60 x H 40 cm). However, it seems to be very narrow at only 60cm deep.

Yes, 60 cm is normal if it is for sitting.  But sometimes not for Thai people, they sit with the legs on the seat.

Was the idea of 80cm by the Thai wife?  Or if by you, perhaps your hips are over 80cm? 

4161.JPG

• Like 1