Heavy rain and flooding expected to worsen in several of Thailand’s provinces

Jonathan Fairfield

14806896692882.jpeg

Several northern, north–eastern and central provinces of Thailand are partially under water today and the flooding is expected to get worse, as the Thai Meteorological Department warns of heavy rain tonight and tomorrow, as a direct result of the Dienmu atmospheric depression, which has weakened into strong low pressure cell.

Heavy rain is forecast for:

• In northern region, they are Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Phitsanuloke, Phichit, Tak and Phetchabun.
  • In the Northeast, they are Loei, Khon Kaen, Roi-et, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Buri Ram and Surin.
  • In the central region, they are Nakhon Sawan, Lop Buri, Uthai Thani, Chainat, Saraburi, Sing Buri, Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Suphan Buri, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Nakhon Pathom and Bangkok.
  • In the eastern region, they are Nakhon Nayok, Prachin Buri, Sa Kaeo, Chachoengsao, Chon Buri, Rayong, Chanthaburi and Trat.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/heavy-rain-and-flooding-expected-to-worsen-in-several-of-thailands-provinces/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

So , Sukhothai is once more in the north , yep  north of BKK. Or to put it another way , half way between BKK and the real north.

It doesn't say it's 'in the north', it says it's in the 'Northern Region', which it is. And here's a map to prove it.

Thailand northern region.jpg

• Like 2

Re Sukhothai - (the 'alleged' northern city)...

The water levels here at the moment are higher than the 2011 floods.

Very noticeable difference in the colour of the water...  in 2011 the water was murkier, the water is much clearer this time. The family are catching fish in the ricefields....

better not tell my uncle as his fish farm dam (down the road) overflowed 3 days ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

Re Sukhothai - (the 'alleged' northern city)...

The water levels here at the moment are higher than the 2011 floods.

Very noticeable difference in the colour of the water...  in 2011 the water was murkier, the water is much clearer this time. The family are catching fish in the ricefields....

better not tell my uncle as his fish farm dam (down the road) overflowed 3 days ago.

Today - Srisamrong, Sawankhalok and other northern provincial districts [largely rural and agricultural] are under water. 

The closer one gets toward Amphoe Mueang and The Yom it's almost impassable - as are the two major bypasses. 

Reports out towards Mueang Khow are similar. 

I believe it is worst than 2011.

18 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

So , Sukhothai is once more in the north , yep  north of BKK. Or to put it another way , half way between BKK and the real north.

Yes my Mrs was showing me pics she has received of her friends place up there...a TV just a foot above the water level in her living room. Also Tak area....