Being hooked on video games can lead to good things for the youth

snoop1130

scope-change-games_2021-09-30_17-07-41.jpg

These games -- Chibibi Dodge, a Monopoly-esque game featuring various Makati properties and landmarks, and Juan’s Adventure -- are published as free games on the Google Play Store to check out.

Released

It's a stereotype that parents and adults always admonish young people about being so obsessed with video games. Let me tell you, that's not really such a bad thing. 

If you asked me six months ago if my love for games would result to a working partnership with the Makati City government, Makati Department of Education and Makati Sangguniang Kabataan, I wouldn’t have believed you. 

Games are always considered a distraction from our studies and other more "serious" things. But as Dr. Carleen S. Sedilla, Makati DepED division Superintendent said during our commencement event, “Games are a means of capturing the passions of the youth and translating them into meaningful endeavors in computers, programming and the STEM field.” 

Full Story: https://www.philstar.com/sports/2021/09/30/2130838/being-hooked-video-games-can-lead-good-things-youth

philstar.png
-- © Copyright Philstar 2021-09-13