Tr visa. Help please

Have just gotten my visa TR which is a e-visa and on it it says 43 days which is currently the length of my trip!! I thought they would give me 60 days extendable to 90 days!! Is this normal? Can i still change my return since i have a 90 days Covid insurance? Thank you in advance

• Haha 1

I don't understand what states 43 days.

A tourist visa is valid to use for entry to the country for 3 months from the day is it is issued and allows one entry valid for 60 days. Immigration would stamp you into the country for 60 days.

Where does it say 43 days on your visa.

• Sad 1

This looks bad, but may end up not meaning much. If, indeed, you are only granted 43 days on entry, this will signal an unannounced major change to tourist visa policy. You must hope that the document you were sent is just scary, but misleading, and you will be given 60 days on entry as has been normal in the past.

Assuming you are entering in the next month or so, at worst, you should be able to apply for a 60-day Covid extension.

It doesn't actually say the visa is for 43 days. It just says that's the length of stay, which is what you said you've stated in the application. Most likely the visa will be valid for a stay of 60 days but it opens up the possibility of being questioned about reasons and means for an extension I suppose.  

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Most likely the visa will be valid for a stay of 60 days but it opens up the possibility of being questioned about reasons and means for an extension I suppose.

The visa is valid for 90 days and he needs to enter prior to it's expiry Dec 27. When he enters the visa is stamped 'used' and he will be stamped in with 60 day permission of stay.

He can obtain a 30 day extension to that.

Does not need a reason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The visa is valid for 90 days and he needs to enter prior to it's expiry Dec 27. When he enters the visa is stamped 'used' and he will be stamped in with 60 day permission of stay.

He can obtain a 30 day extension to that.

Does not need a reason.

Yes, you're absolutely right.
I was just unhelpfully musing on them going all gestapo about someone staying longer than number of days stated in the application. It reminded me of the days we had to go for a mini grilling at the tax office to get a certificate to be able to leave the country.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It reminded me of the days we had to go for a mini grilling at the tax office to get a certificate to be able to leave the country.

Spare a thought for Oz folk. They need apply to gov to leave the country.

I hate having swipe at my own country but that's a bit rich in my book.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Gawd help us. All they have done is confirm the basis of your application. You will get a normal tourist visa.

He should of already received another email or will in few days with his stickerless visa.

To: OP when did your receive that email? Have you received another email that is you stickerless visa?

The 43 days is only what you entered when you applied for the e-visa. You will be stamped into the country for 60 days when you enter the country.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:31 PM, Tayida said:

FB_IMG_1633181130940.jpg

Got nothing to do with the length of the visa.. That states you length of stay in Thailand. You will of course be given 60 days extendable for 1900 baht with 30 days more..

Remember.. Visa "months" is always 30 days not 31 that most believe...

On 10/2/2021 at 2:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't understand what states 43 days.

A tourist visa is valid to use for entry to the country for 3 months from the day is it is issued and allows one entry valid for 60 days. Immigration would stamp you into the country for 60 days.

Where does it say 43 days on your visa.

if im stupid , what is the best route to get the 60 days tr visa. should i book a flight first or get the visa first?  what is the first thing.  get the room or get the visa or get the coe?  i heard the coe is easy part.  when should i get the insurance in this process? what step is that the last one?

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

He should of already received another email or will in few days with his stickerless visa.

To: OP when did your receive that email? Have you received another email that is you stickerless visa?

The 43 days is only what you entered when you applied for the e-visa. You will be stamped into the country for 60 days when you enter the country.

i see you post alot and u seem to be knowledgeable. what is your prediction for nov 1. ?  bkk does sandbox and u can roam around in bkk and not stay in hotel?  or do you think any other city will be able to do the sandbox on nov 1?  krabi for instance. ?  do you have predictions for nov 1.?  from what im reading its all up in the air based on covid cases this month  .   but to me i thought them opening up any area is all based on local population getting vacced??  my logic would say krabi should be opened before bkk? as fewer people are thier?  

27 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

if im stupid , what is the best route to get the 60 days tr visa. should i book a flight first or get the visa first?  what is the first thing.  get the room or get the visa or get the coe?  i heard the coe is easy part.  when should i get the insurance in this process? what step is that the last one?

A lot depends upon which embassy or official consulate you apply for the tourist visa. Most require you to supply proof of your flight to here when you apply.

The insurance will be needed to apply for the certificate of entry online.

26 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i see you post alot and u seem to be knowledgeable. what is your prediction for nov 1. ?  bkk does sandbox and u can roam around in bkk and not stay in hotel?  or do you think any other city will be able to do the sandbox on nov 1?  krabi for instance. ?  do you have predictions for nov 1.?  from what im reading its all up in the air based on covid cases this month  .   but to me i thought them opening up any area is all based on local population getting vacced??  my logic would say krabi should be opened before bkk? as fewer people are thier?  

I cannot predict what the situation will be in Bangkok in November.

There is a getter chance that Krabi will have the sandbox then.