Elderly Chonburi man reportedly wins first prize in Thai lottery, 30 million baht

Jonathan Fairfield

IFO57Yfr-660350-768x432-1.jpeg

An elderly man, who so far has requested for his name to be withheld by local authorities, reportedly has won the first prize in the Thai national lottery yesterday (October 1st), receiving a prize of 30 million baht in Bo Thong, a Chonburi district located in the Northeast.

The Thai lottery is announced twice each month (the 1st and 16th of each month).

The seller of the winning lottery ticket, Ms. Passaya Tangtanachantakorn, who sells lottery tickets inside a gas station in Klong Mue Sai, in the That Thong sub-district, broke the news to Pattaya News reporters late yesterday afternoon.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/02/elderly-chonburi-man-reportedly-wins-first-prize-in-thai-lottery-30-million-baht/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Now he will find very quickly how many family members and friends he never knew he had...

6 months it'll all be gone .....   aunty nok,  uncle somchai,  long lost brother khun ineedit,  and the other 25 cousins from Nakon Nowhere.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

6 months it'll all be gone .....   aunty nok,  uncle somchai,  long lost brother khun ineedit,  and the other 25 cousins from Nakon Nowhere.

And an innate inability to say no or stop spending. I know some Thais can be very frugal, and I actually get a laugh out of being called 'khee niaow' by them.... but even after many years, I still have not instilled a sensible ethic of saving money on my Mrs. One would think it was not going to be accepted tomorrow. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1