Doin A Visa Run Monday

skyblues

Hi im doin a visa run on Monday, iv had many 30 day tourist visa and last tie got a 60 day with my 30 day extension,my question is..iv heard that if you just do a border bounce and get 30days they are asking for onward travel documents...Is that a definate and will they issue you 30 days without them and just warn you???

Goin to go either Laos via Nong Kia or Cambodia Poi Pet

Thanks for advice in advance

Hi im doin a visa run on Monday, iv had many 30 day tourist visa and last tie got a 60 day with my 30 day extension,my question is..iv heard that if you just do a border bounce and get 30days they are asking for onward travel documents...Is that a definate and will they issue you 30 days without them and just warn you???

Goin to go either Laos via Nong Kia or Cambodia Poi Pet

Thanks for advice in advance

######,,does that include gettin a 60 dayer???

My mate went the other day to the Cambodian border, he said you do need onward travel documents, I think a plane or train ticket out of the country is acceptable.

Yep, that seems to be correct (as of writing anyway) bkkmadness but as with everything that relates to the immigration service - this seems to be very much a 'work in progress'. :D

Hey skyblues...here's a couple of threads that may help you out:

#1. New Developments At Ban Laem Checkpoint, 200 baht bus ticket to siem reap, &

#2. New requirement to show air ticket at land border, For 30 day stamp

I hope you find the answer specific to your circumstance and Good Luck on your trip! :o

Hello again skyblues,

I’m sorry but for some reason I couldn’t edit my last post (above) and having reread what you wrote, plus your additional comment:

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t missing anything. Here’s a very quick question then as I would hate to see you get into difficulty at the border.

How many 30-day ‘Visa On Arrival’ (VOI) stamps have you had in your passport during the past 180-days? It’s just that when you write “iv had many 30 day tourist visa”, I was wondering if in fact you meant VOI; which is quite different from an actual Tourist Visa (TV). As I’m sure you know but if you’ve already had three VOIs stamped into your passport during the past 180-day period (and you have no other type of valid visa), I don’t think you’ll be allowed back in to LOS without getting yourself a TV first; can someone else confirm this please?

Again referring to your additional comment:

I believe you’re in fact making reference to a TV and not the VOI. While a TV (issued in S.E. Asia at least) has a validity of 3-months, the 60-day entitlement to stay in LOS (duly stamped into your passport when you arrive) begins from the day you enter using said visa. Then you may extend for a further 30-day period by visiting Immigration before your 60-day entitlement expires and paying a fee of 1,900 baht.

I hope this is of help to you. :o