Second hand toolshop

Maybole

I am and occasional DIYer. To that end I do not want to splash out on new tools. I am looking for a secondhand Tool Shop in the Chiang mai area preferably south end towards Hang Dong and Sanpatong.

I am specifically looking at the moment for a bradawl(which appears to be totally unknown locally) and a chuck key.

Any member with a local knowledge?

Some of the universities have "walk-in/rental workshops" that lend out equipment if you are registered with them (just for the workshop, not for education!).  My friend used to use one one but I do not know the name of his.

Edited by fangless

A Bradawl is used locally.

Some years back I had a slow puncture on my M/cycle. 
I was refueling when I noticed and the young lad pointed out another guy and indicated that I take my bike over. 
The new guy took a Bradawl inserted an length of cord, pushed it into the slow puncture then withdrew until the cord was stuck inside and out. This sealed the puncture. I slowly road my bike to my friends m/cycle garage showed the ‘repair’ which they accepted as  normal and I used my bike until they got me a new tyre.

John

Edited by jonwilly

59 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

A Bradawl is used locally.

Some years back I had a slow puncture on my M/cycle. 
I was refueling when I noticed and the young lad pointed out another guy and indicated that I take my bike over. 
The new guy took a Bradawl inserted an length of cord, pushed it into the slow puncture then withdrew until the cord was stuck inside and out. This sealed the puncture. I slowly road my bike to my friends m/cycle garage showed the ‘repair’ which they accepted as  normal and I used my bike until they got me a new tyre.

John

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 8:10 AM, seedy said:

Many second hand shops on the North side , outside, of the moat. Eastern end.

Nana screw has chuck keys - new

Many thanks, I made into town this afternoon and visited them. I showed my drill (it is an obscure make and I have been having difficulty finding a chuck key to fit), the assistant took one look at it and went straight to a box on a shelf and immediately produced one which was an exact fit. Now, I have no excuse for not doing all the wee jobs that "Madamme La Patronne" has been nagging about!