What Do U People Think Of Koh Phangan?

kitty

and have u heard of the drop inn boys?

i came back from 3 months in thailand only 10 days ago and im missing it like crazy,if i went back next year,say march with £1500 i know id only be able to stay 4/5 months due to money and paying for visa runs.

is it possible to earn good money,apart from thro teaching,and not work every day of the week?

i miss thailand terribly,i miss my friends. :o

i came back from 3 months in thailand only 10 days ago and im missing it like crazy,if i went back next year,say march with £1500 i know id only be able to stay 4/5 months due to money and paying for visa runs.

is it possible to earn good money,apart from thro teaching,and not work every day of the week?

i miss thailand terribly,i miss my friends

I am sure people here will really look forward to you "teechin 'em Engrish".

As your grasp on the language is second to none.

I am sure you don't want to work everyday of the week and more to the point the poor sods on the recieving end of your pearls of wisdom probably wouldn't want you to work any days of the week.

As for "march with £1500" left right left right left...

i miss thailand terribly,i miss my friends

I am sure people here will really look forward to you "teechin 'em Engrish".

As your grasp on the language is second to none.

I am sure you don't want to work everyday of the week and more to the point the poor sods on the recieving end of your pearls of wisdom probably wouldn't want you to work any days of the week.

As for "march with £1500" left right left right left...

ur a nice person arent you?! :o

To be fair the original poster did ask about jobs other than teaching English. So I will refrain from commenting on the quality of the English.

I don't know about well paid jobs but I guess dive instructing would be a possibility for an experienced diver with qualifications and good contacts on Phangan.

To be honest you'd be better off making your money in the UK first. 1500 isn't that much really, why not save somemore before you leave so that you don't have to work when you're there? 1500 for 4/5 months is cutting it very thin, even on Phangan. Besides that you'll probably get bored of it before then and will want to have some cash to travel around and see some other places.

Have a nice trip,

Konangrit

Drop Inn boys are the bar boys who work at the Drop Inn Bar in Hadrin. Just remember one important thing most new people don't get, just because it looks like a paradise doesn't mean it is. It is a place where people live their lives and have their problems just like everywhere else.

As for work on the island, forget about it. There are almost no paying teaching positions on the island. Konangrit is correct, the only viable jobs would be dive instructors, and dive instructors abound. Any other kind of job you take would be taking it from someone (like a Thai) who really needs it. Better to make your money at home and come for a nice long holiday.

As for costs, 1500 pounds for 4 months, lets see, house rental would run 5,000 baht a month, most of these houses do not have air con or hot water so electricity wouldn't cost much, maybe 500 baht a month. You could rent a motorbike for 3000 baht a month. Your biggest cost would be going out drinking and eating. Whats the exchange rate now? Let's say it is 70 baht to the pound, 1500 pounds would be 105,000 baht. You figure if roughly 70,000 baht is enough for you to live on or not.