? Question regarding financial for Non O visa to be issued at me local Thai embassy in USA

What is the intended basis of your Non O application? Usually, for a single entry Non O visa to visit Thai family, proof of a modest current bank balance is sufficient. It is more complicated, and variable, what a consulate will demand if applying for a Non O visa based on your age (retirement).

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

What is the intended basis of your Non O application? Usually, for a single entry Non O visa to visit Thai family, proof of a modest current bank balance is sufficient. It is more complicated, and variable, what a consulate will demand if applying for a Non O visa based on your age (retirement).

Based on marriage family stays in Thailand now, I will be going back and need to get a new Non O because my current one expired as I had to leave for a family emergency. I just wanted to confirm that it is one bank statement that was needed as the most current one? Thank you

7 hours ago, raptorea said:

I just wanted to confirm that it is one bank statement that was needed as the most current one?

You need to show $700 in a bank in the US or 20k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I seem to remember doing it in the uk I had to send 3 months statements stamped at the bank and had to show balance of  10k in each month 

That is for a non-o visa for retirement.

For a non-o visa based upon marriage requirements does not mention any specific amount.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is for a non-o visa for retirement.

For a non-o visa based upon marriage requirements does not mention any specific amount.

Not mentioned marrage just required amount for non o which is 10k pounds for 3 months in bank 

14 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Not mentioned marrage just required amount for non o which is 10k pounds for 3 months in bank 

From the Embassy (just the financial bit);

Non-Immigrant Type (Visiting or staying with applicant's family resided in Thailand (more than 60 days) - single entry only)

• Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, proof of sponsorship from a third party

Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)

• Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

This is from the Royal Thai Embassy in Los Angeles California and matches exactly what Ubonjoe indicated. Thank you ubonjoe!!

Non – Immigrant Visa (O)  (Family member) 
———————————–

Purpose of visit :  to stay with family in Thailand as : 

1.  A person who used to have Thai nationality and wish to visit Thai relatives or to return to live in Thailand.  

2.  A person who enters to stay temporarily in Thailand in accordance with Section 34  (1) (2) (5) (6) (7) (10) (11)
    (12) (13) and (14) of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) as
    – the parents, spouse or child under patronage; or
    – being a part of the household of the said person; or
    – being a private servant under Section 15 (7).  

3.   A person who provide or receive support from the person whose nationality is Thai or the alien who has been
     granted and has taken up permanent residence in Thailand as the parents, spouse or child under patronage
     and being a part of the household of the said person.

————————————————————————————-

Required documents :

1.  Actual Passport or Travel Document.
    (must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).

2.  Passport-size photographs (2″x2″)   
     – Photographs must have a light color background.
     – Full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders.
     – Photos must be taken within 6 months.

3.  Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand.
     (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)

4.  Recent bank statement
     – $700 per person and $1,500 per family
     – The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.
     – In case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship
       (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.

16 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to show $700 in a bank in the US or 20k baht in a Thai bank on the day you apply for the non-o visa.

Sorry to barge in but I'm about to apply for nonO based on retirement in Austria. They want 6mts bank statements showing 5000€. 

6 hours ago, Letseng said:

Sorry to barge in but I'm about to apply for nonO based on retirement in Austria. They want 6mts bank statements showing 5000€. 

Every embassy or official consulate can create their own requirements.

The 5000€ is about 200k baht that is fairly common number used for some visas (METV visa is one).

If you do not want to deal with the non-o  you could enter visa exempt to get a 30 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

Then after you have 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income from your embassy here you could apply for a non-o visa at immigration and then apply for a one year extension when 800k baht has been in the bank for 2 months.

9 hours ago, Letseng said:

Requirements for a Non O based on retirement vary greatly between embassies/consulates. What you report is at the upper end of what is typically requested, but not extraordinary.

I did a visa based on marriage through the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles and they issued me a visa but it was only good for 3 months, I have to apply for a new visa bases on marriage again here in Thailand, so you might want to put your 400k in a Thai bank soon after arriving in country.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bbko said:

I did a visa based on marriage through the Thai Embassy in Los Angeles and they issued me a visa but it was only good for 3 months, I have to apply for a new visa bases on marriage again here in Thailand, so you might want to put your 400k in a Thai bank soon after arriving in country.

Thank you I have done that I have lived in Thailand for over 3 years but had to leave on a family emergency and because of timing my non o visa had to expire so I still have my money in a Thai bank well seasoned and just need to repeat the steps of re applying for a non o visa based on marriage before my return.