Travel from Thailand to mainland Spain.

The Fugitive

Have received Sinovac and AZ in Thailand. Sinovac is OK for Spain. AZ manufactured in Thailand is not because it's not approved by either EMA or WHO as far as I can tell. E mailed Spanish Tourist Office asking if this remains the case and would I be refused entry? Standard reply received advising that they only accept EMA or WHO approved vaccines.

Any member with any recent experience travelling to mainland Spain?  

AZ manufactured in Thailand is now in assessment phase by WHO, as a sub-set of Japan AZ (already approved). Next WHO update is at the end of the month and I would expect AZ Thai to be included in the WHO approved list by then. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

AZ manufactured in Thailand is now in assessment phase by WHO, as a sub-set of Japan AZ (already approved). Next WHO update is at the end of the month and I would expect AZ Thai to be included in the WHO approved list by then. 

Great! Will make life a lot easier. Thank you for your help.

I think issue with vax is not being not approved in the eu, but in europe they don't trust thai issued certificates.

The easiest to enter (for europeans) are switzerland, belgium, austria - if just transiting through them within 48-96h. 

Once there you do pcr test at the airport, train or bus station, download local covid application and travel to your destination country on european issued ID (not passport which is showing your thai exit stamp). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Am I correct to assume that the above travel requirements summary applies only to travellers arriving in Spain on flight itinerary from Thailand? If one flies from Thailand, say, to France, spends a week there and then attempts to travel to Spain then the requirements will change to those applicable to travellers from France?

Edited by sonjai
correction
  • Like 2