What happens to those in ASQ on Nov. 1st if the quarantine requirement is dropped?

I just read the announcement saying the quarantine requirement will be dropped on Nov. 1st if there is not a significant increase of new Covid cases between now and then. My wife are fully vaccinated and I have just received our COE's, our flights arrive in Bangkok on Oct. 30th. I'm wondering if we will have to complete the 7-day quarantine if they drop the quarantine on day 2 of our quarantine? I guess the other option would be to change our flights to the following week so we arrive after the quarantine is dropped, but I'm thinking that will void the COE's and we will have to reapply. And then if they don't go through with their proposal to drop the quarantine we would have to rebook a quarantine package! I really wish this was someone else's mess and not mine!

• Like 2

I'm guessing the same as what happened with reduction to 7 days ASQ on October 1.

Cancel/change your ASQ booking after no quarantine is published in the gazette. New COE is quick and free. If closer to 1 Nov you would be assessed on arrival as to ASQ requirements and should get a full refund for ASQ days not required.

• Haha 1

Quarantine is dropped but it is mandatory that you have to book into a 'quarantine' hotel for 7 days. The only difference is that you can walk about the town.

Very bad use of words.

(At least that is the explanation here on Samui.)

Edited by Tropicalevo

21 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I'm guessing the same as what happened with reduction to 7 days ASQ on October 1.

Cancel/change your ASQ booking after no quarantine is published in the gazette. New COE is quick and free. If closer to 1 Nov you would be assessed on arrival as to ASQ requirements and should get a full refund for ASQ days not required.

I arrived just before the end of September. I delayed my arrival as much as I could, waiting for the formal announcement of changes due in October, and as nothing was published I just booked an ASQ and came.  2 days into my quarantine I was informed by the hotel that quarantine period has been cut by few days, so I could leave earlier but no refund for the unused days....

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

We are at the quarantine hotel, arrived last night. Tomorrow is Nov. 1st, that's when the rules officially change to the one day quarantine. Our Covid tests were this morning. When we were coming through all of the many different check points at the airport last night we asked the officers what would happen to us after the rules changed, would our quarantine be shortened? The answers were "I don't know". I asked the ASQ hotel also, and received the reply that because the new one day quarantine rule was not going into effect until Nov. 1st and we had arrived before then that we would have to complete the 7 day quarantine. Maybe there will be a change of heart, or maybe we'll just have to complete the seven day quarantine.

Edited by Lee4Life

5 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

We are at the quarantine hotel, arrived last night. Tomorrow is Nov. 1st, that's when the rules officially change to the one day quarantine. Our Covid tests were this morning. When we were coming through all of the many different check points at the airport last night we asked the officers what would happen to us after the rules changed, would our quarantine be shortened? The answers were "I don't know". I asked the ASQ hotel also, and received the reply that because the new one day quarantine rule was not going into effect until Nov. 1st and we had arrived before then that we would have to complete the 7 day quarantine. Maybe there will be a change of heart, or maybe we'll just have to complete the seven day quarantine.

hey mate I hope they let you out early. it'd be total BS if they make you serve the remaining six days of your 'sentence' ????

27 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:
6 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

Expand  

hey mate I hope they let you out early. it'd be total BS if they make you serve the remaining six days of your 'sentence' ????

That depends where he is...

IF he is in Phuket, the Sandbox quarantine continues even for arrivals from Nov 1st (if I’m not mistaken).

IF he is in Bangkok it would make sense that new regulations apply and they only have to stay one more night from Nov 1st with a PCR test administered on Nov 1st (hotel should be forced to refund).

IF in Bangkok, forcing someone to stay full 6 more nights because they arrived on Oct 31st is utterly stupid, but not beyond the realms of believability for Thailand. 

On 10/31/2021 at 10:00 PM, richard_smith237 said:

That depends where he is...

IF he is in Phuket, the Sandbox quarantine continues even for arrivals from Nov 1st (if I’m not mistaken).

IF he is in Bangkok it would make sense that new regulations apply and they only have to stay one more night from Nov 1st with a PCR test administered on Nov 1st (hotel should be forced to refund).

IF in Bangkok, forcing someone to stay full 6 more nights because they arrived on Oct 31st is utterly stupid, but not beyond the realms of believability for Thailand. 

Sorry I didn't elaborate, we are in Bangkok.