Certificate of Residence (COR)

Yesterday I went to Thai immigration at MuangThongTani to obtain a Certificate of Residence (COR).  Arrived at about 10:30 and proceeded to the 2nd floor to get the B queue #.  I had brought the usual required items like my passport and copies of the id page, visa and extension of visa pages, TM6, re-entry stamp page, and current 90day receipt.  Because of my review of several internet sites I also brought the original and copies of accommodation lease, TM30 docs, a utility bill, 2 photos, and a copy of landlord’s ID.

After obtaining the queue # I was seen quickly since very few people were at the section B (also only a few at section A for 90day reports).  The IO only required my passport and the usual copies as above.  The additional items (copies of accommodation lease, TM30 docs, utility bill, 2 photos, and a copy of landlord’s ID were not needed.  Within a few minutes the IO gave me a slip to track the to be mailed COR which should arrived by 2 weeks.  The cost was 200 Baht.  I asked if there was an “express services” but was informed that wasn’t available.  In addition, having brought all the same data, copies, etc. from my partner, the IO said that she would have to come herself to obtain the COR.   Finally, was all done in about 15 minutes from the time of arrival.

38 minutes ago, tropicaldoc said:

Finally, was all done in about 15 minutes from the time of arrival

Thanks for report. 

Yes you took lot of extra stuff.

Providing most recent 90 report receipt is required (you included that)

BTW, yes they always state 2 weeks. My last one took few days so can vary.