Has the Covid extension been extended?

9 minutes ago, pineappleglory said:

. The problem is I already used the 1 month extension you can do during this entry

One month?

You can obtain 60 day extension to visit wife.

Yes covid extension available till Nov 27 as mentioned above.

Link for affidavit that you sign.

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=727659

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Make sure you take your wife with you there's some parts she has to fill in, copy of your lease if renting,copy of wife's I'd card  and tabian baan, that's what they asked for in korat, don't know if it applies elsewhere.

He probably already knows the regs as he has done this before.

39 minutes ago, lanng khao said:

Make sure you take your wife with you there's some parts she has to fill in, copy of your lease if renting,copy of wife's I'd card  and tabian baan, that's what they asked for in korat, don't know if it applies elsewhere.

Was ask for those too. There was no need for me to take my "Thai mother" though, I just took signed copies of her ID and house book.  I don't know why they are asking for these as they already have these papers from registering the TM30.

I am on a 60 day TR visa expiring on 2nd December. My plans are flexible and I would like to extend my stay for as long as possible.

I was going to get the usual 30-day extension, but can I instead go a few days early and get this one before it expires?

I am on Phuket if that makes any difference.

3 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

I was going to get the usual 30-day extension, but can I instead go a few days early and get this one before it expires?

I assume you are wanting to extend the 60 day permit to stay your tourist visa allowed for 30 days.

You can do it a couple of weeks early at most immigration offices.

You certainly do not have to wait until the last day since the extension will start from the day your 60 days ends.

24 minutes ago, London Lowf said:

Thanks for the answer Joe but maybe I didn't make myself clear - I want to get the 60-day Covid extension instead of the standard 30-day. Will they let me do that?

Immigration most likely will make you obtain the standard 30 day extension prior to any covid extension

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Immigration most likely will make you obtain the standard 30 day extension prior to any covid extension

That's what I was afraid of, and by the time my 30-day expires the Covid extension may have been withdrawn. Fingers crossed that it's not!

14 hours ago, London Lowf said:

I am on a 60 day TR visa expiring on 2nd December. My plans are flexible and I would like to extend my stay for as long as possible.

I am on Phuket if that makes any difference.

Phuket Town immigration has been giving the 60 day covid extension if you apply for it, regardless of whether or not you first did a 30 day extension.  They did it for me and I’ve spoken to several others who got it.  That was happening during August and September, it’s possible it could be different now or in November.