Second Hand English Books

Lucky Bones

Someone recently posted that they have a truckload of second hand english books to be rid of.

I read a book a day but probably need to get out more.

Damn, I can not find the post from that person.

If they are crime/horror I'll take them off your hands.

Canterbury Tales and Cafe, soi Chaiapoon, (old soi pothole) just off soi Lengkee and soi Diana would love them. 

Give Dave a call. He is on google at Canterbury Tales.

• 3 months later...

During hippie trail days of the 60s - 70s books were often exchanged with people you met along the way.

Unfortunately library's in Thailand seem to be few and far between and limited readership.
I offered my read books to the  local library - not interested; offered farming technical books to KKU - not interested ...
Bangkok used to have good book fairs in the years 2000>>> not sure if they still did before Covid.
Back in the 80's I worked in farming in Saudi used to go back to UK every 3 months and pick up books I ordered.
Khon Kaen had a book fair a couple of years ago, mainly school books and just one guy with a hundred or so pretty unreadable old books.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think that some people through aways books. I think that book swapping is very popular in some countries, and besides, I believe that ebooks are more popular, so people buy fewer printed ones. I also prefer reading ebooks and electronic info; I like it more because it's easier and faster to find. For example, I needed to prepare for my lecture, and for that, I needed some info about the importance of Beowulf. I can't imagine going to libraries and looking for the info there. In a minute, I came across https://freebooksummary.com/the-importance-of-beowulf-in-modern-america-1272 where I found everything I needed. And what is more, I can save the link on my phone and have access to it at any time, and there is no need to take a whole book or something with me. It's more convenient and ecological to use electronic resources.

Edited by Camala34

3 hours ago, Camala34 said:

I don't think that some people through aways books. I think that book swapping is very popular in some countries, and besides, I believe that ebooks are more popular, so people buy fewer printed ones. I also prefer reading ebooks and electronic info; I like it more because it's easier and faster to find. For example, I needed to prepare for my lecture, and for that, I needed some info about the importance of Beowulf. I can't imagine going to libraries and looking for the info there. In a minute, I came across https://freebooksummary.com/the-importance-of-beowulf-in-modern-america-1272 where I found everything I needed. And what is more, I can save the link on my phone and have access to it at any time, and there is no need to take a whole book or something with me. It's more convenient and ecological to use electronic resources.

Be very careful.

Don't believe all you read on the internet.

Always best to go to the original source, hence libraries exist.

Cheers