How to travel through a safe country into Thailand without Quarantine?

I live next to Germany and would like to go in November to Thailand, what are the requirements and how will they be controlled if i want to benefit from this?

I remember that my country wasn't on the initial "Phuket sandbox" list and the embassy stated that i needed to be 14 days prior to that in Germany but how do they control that? I can just cross the border as many times i want.

Also i think its quite confusing that Britain and US are on the list as they have the highest infection rates, so i guess they wan to limit the influx of tourist and gradually get adjust back to it, looking with the remaining requirements still in place i think Thailand is not "really" reopening and its definitely not gonna see a lot of tourists in the coming months. 

Many different proposals for quarantine free travel have been made in the past few days. Germany was one of the countries mentioned to be included in the qualifying countries list.

It is proposed that the new system stars Nov 1st

Nothing is official yet, so stay tuned. 

Germany is on Thailand list of safe countries for double jabbed travellers to enter Thailand with no quarantine. 

As ubon Joe stated, that in reality nobody knows exactly what the rules will be until Nov 1, but it looks likely that 1 night in bkk might be required for pcr test result confirmation. 

My advice would be wait until Nov 1 before booking. 

1 hour ago, northsouthdevide said:

Germany is on Thailand list of safe countries for double jabbed travellers to enter Thailand with no quarantine. 

As ubon Joe stated, that in reality nobody knows exactly what the rules will be until Nov 1, but it looks likely that 1 night in bkk might be required for pcr test result confirmation. 

My advice would be wait until Nov 1 before booking. 

Thanks but does anyone know what the requirement would be if im from another country and want to benefit from germanies advantages.

Its probably like ubonjoe said that i have to be there 14 or 21 days but how will they check on that? I could just take a flight from Frankfurt and say ive been in germany 2 weeks 

• Like 1

wait few weeks and possible your country will be on the list - all EU, switzerland, norway, island are very likely.

But if it fails - nobody can ever check. If in the thailand pass there would be local address required you can put hotel address. Probably the best would be to come day before your flight, book into hotel, do pcr test, download negative results into any official german covid application (there are several of them). Try to validate you covid vax on those applications as well.

I am planning to travel the opposite direction - to germany, than to the neighbouring country, and back through germany. My original plan was to travel to belgium, switzerland because one can transit through them with thai vaccinations 

• Thanks 1

I was in Portugal waiting for requirements to change, and they did October 1st. We debated about waiting until November so we could just go to our home in Pattaya without having to do a quarantine anywhere.

We decided a week in Phuket wasn't too bad and would get us back sooner. It's quite nice here and now we're only a few days away from being home.

Who knows what will ultimately happen November 1st. If there's a spike in cases, everything proposed would be off the table.

We communicated with the consulate in Portugal, stayed there for over 21 days. But as you say, how would they know we're really there? Maybe checking IP addresses on the emails? Possible.

Phuket isn't too bad for a week!

Best of luck. It's a very frustrating time.

17 hours ago, sirineou said:

Many different proposals for quarantine free travel have been made in the past few days. Germany was one of the countries mentioned to be included in the qualifying countries list.

It is proposed that the new system stars Nov 1st

Nothing is official yet, so stay tuned. 

"...Nothing is official yet, ..."

And expect a number of suggestions/plans/amendments/denials etc., by every agency in Thailand over the next days/weeks/months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ItoroK said:

Thanks but does anyone know what the requirement would be if im from another country and want to benefit from germanies advantages.

Its probably like ubonjoe said that i have to be there 14 or 21 days but how will they check on that? I could just take a flight from Frankfurt and say ive been in germany 2 weeks 

Why don't you just tell us what country? What passports do you hold? Why so secretive? 

5 hours ago, LawrenceN said:

Why don't you just tell us what country? What passports do you hold? Why so secretive? 

Yes I do not understand that either..

Living next to Germany, woah!! That narrow it down..... Shall we guess on; Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France,  Switzerland,  Austria,  Czech Republic or Poland!!!!!!! All next to Germany!!!

glegolo

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ItoroK said:

I'm pretty sure your passport will show exactly where you've been when its scanned in Thailand.

19 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

If in Europe, it won't show the exact country. Just the EU.

True - however, we don't know the details yet - its entirely possible that the rules may say that travellers must be citizens of that country and traveliing from it.  If they don't then the situation created by the free movement the EU enjoys will no doubt lead to abuse of the zero quarantine concession proposed. In turn that could have consequences.

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

True - however, we don't know the details yet - its entirely possible that the rules may say that travellers must be citizens of that country and traveliing from it.  If they don't then the situation created by the free movement the EU enjoys will no doubt lead to abuse of the zero quarantine concession proposed. In turn that could have consequences.

Yeah. Who knows how this will work out. I'm from the US and just did 21 days in Portugal to make sure I could get the COE. Not sure how they could prove I was there? But I got it! In Phuket now.

On 10/15/2021 at 11:01 AM, ItoroK said:

They check when you enter a country. From France to Italy for ex , i was stopped by road, in airports 

when you check in, they look at your passport, visas if have, and the destination rules documents. Otherwise you can’t board. 

on the borders to Germany from those countries where the infection rate is high there are check points, but not everywhere, however if you fly then your start destination is known to the airline and also you have to still fill out a form to go to Thailand, and if you arrive in Germany also an arrival form.

Also if you fly from a Schengen country into Germany then onto Thailand you still go through Passport control, and here they will scan your Passport, so they know if you have followed the rules, also Thailand will be getting this information, so you cannot avoid the quaratine in Germany.

Edited by beano2274