PCR Test for Thai Wife in U.S.?

fusion58

My wife, who is currently in the U.S., needs a PCR test in order to travel back to Thailand.

Based on the searches I've done so far, it sounds like most test locations require some form of U.S. citizen ID, e.g., SSAN or drivers license, for uninsured people.

The only ID my wife has is her Thai passport.

Has anyone here been successful getting a PCR test in the U.S. for your Thai wife? If so, then where did you get the test?

Thanks for any info.

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'm pretty sure places like Walgreens and/or grocery stores all do this. Some for free!

Both Walgreens and CVS require either a drivers license or a Social Security number for uninsured people in order to bill the state.

Your best option is to go to a clinic and just pay cash.  It will be between $150 to $175 for an RT-PCR test with a 24 hour lab result.  I do not know what part of the US you are in but there is chain of clinics called Passporthealthusa.com.  I got my Covid 19 Tests there twice this year before returning to Thailand.  I do not have US Based health insurance as well so I paid for both tests.  I doubt your wife will an issue presenting her Thai Passport for the Covid 19 test but it will cost $175. 

CVS even asked me for my health insurance card before they would give my “free” Covid 19 Vaccine? On look at my health insurance card from Pacific Cross(based out of Bangkok) and the clerk said “never mind, please take a seat and the pharmacist will be with you shortly”.  This 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

Both Walgreens and CVS require either a drivers license or a Social Security number for uninsured people in order to bill the state.

Hmmm...I was with my friend when his Thai wife got it at Walgreens. She's not a US citizen. But don't know how he setup the tests. Though they were free.