60 day COVID extension scheme cancelled?

Hi Guys, 

I was informed by an immigration officer today that the 60 day COVID extension has now been cancelled. Is this correct?  Perhaps I misunderstood him or he misunderstood me!

I am currently on a 30 day visa exempt entry. Alternately, am I able to extend that entry by 30 days?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

As said the 60 day covid 19 extensions are still available.

Maybe the officer meant to tell you you that you should do the 30 day extension that is allowed before doing the 60 day covid 19 extension.

Thanks Ubon Joe,

If I understand you correctly, I must do a a 30 day extension first?

I am in Pathum Thani and have been told I must do a 30 day extension at Muang Thong Thani and a covid 60 day extension at Chaeng Whattana. Are you aware of this requirement?

I appreciate your assistance.

3 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

If I understand you correctly, I must do a a 30 day extension first?

You will need to do the 30 day extension before the 60 day extension at most immigration offices.

4 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

I am in Pathum Thani and have been told I must do a 30 day extension at Muang Thong Thani and a covid 60 day extension at Chaeng Whattana. Are you aware of this requirement?

You would do both extensions at Pathum Thani immigration office it you are staying there.

For a 30 day visa exempt entry both extensions would be done at Muang Thong Thani if you were living in Bangkok.

1 minute ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Thank you, I thought they didn't change them back yet.

I was hoping they'd leave it until things where "back to normal" and given there was no announcement it was looking good but sadly they did away with it as scheduled.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to do the 30 day extension before the 60 day extension at most immigration offices.

You would do both extensions at Pathum Thani immigration office it you are staying there.

For a 30 day visa exempt entry both extensions would be done at Muang Thong Thani if you were living in Bangkok.

My wife is saying that I have to apply for the 30 day extension at least 3 days prior to the current exempt entry expiring, otherwise they will not extend. Is this correct?

3 minutes ago, Woodsie888 said:

My wife is saying that I have to apply for the 30 day extension at least 3 days prior to the current exempt entry expiring, otherwise they will not extend. Is this correct?

That is not correct. A extension can be applied for on the day your current permit stay ends.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. A extension can be applied for on the day your current permit stay ends.

Thanks for your help Joe. I am now sorted. 

Getting a queue position was not easy this week at any of the Offices around the Bangkok area and I was very close to failing in my attempts to get an a queue number. I shall go as early as possible in future.