COE Delay

20 minutes ago, iris111111 said:

My flight is on 31th Oct. 

I wouldn't worry about it.

Depending on the Embassy they've been holding off on final COE until closer to the flight - less hassle if something changes e.g. if tomorrow you change your flight to say 27 Oct you would need to get a new COE if they had already finalised it.

It would be nice of them to communicate that policy instead of leaving people hanging but ...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Important is that you realize that the local embassy (the one which you selected in the form) is responsible for your application. Call them! Tell them your application is urgent because you fly on ...

That's what I did.

Well in Canada you cannot talk to anybody or if you send them an e-mail they do not reply.  Very frustrating.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many embassies and official consulates do not issue the COE until a few days before your departure date.

If there was a problem with it they would contact you about it.

My (Thai) wife received her COE within 24 hours of her pre-approval notice.

As for me, my application was pre-approved 11 days ago, I submitted my flight info and ASQ hotel booking confirmation letter on that same day, and I'm still waiting...

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Salerno said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

Depending on the Embassy they've been holding off on final COE until closer to the flight - less hassle if something changes e.g. if tomorrow you change your flight to say 27 Oct you would need to get a new COE if they had already finalised it.

It would be nice of them to communicate that policy instead of leaving people hanging but ...

Two days ago, my wife called the Thai language line at the Washington D.C. embassy to inquire, and she was advised that there were only two people processing the applications for foreign nationals, and that they were currently processing applications with October 27th departure dates.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest jonzboy

I registered for COE (RTE London) on 8 October (Phuket Sandbox)

9 October - pre-approved

11 October all remaining documents uploaded and submitted

21 October COE approved

4 November scheduled arrival in Phuket

Are CoE applications still being progressed at all ?

I've got 'pre-approval' in UK for a Non-O return on Nov 4th/5th, (not to Sandbox). When I try to complete the next stage and upload, I get a message, 'documents not uploaded' by return and have to start again.

I'll have another try at progressing CoE tomorrow, but I wonder if I will be able to use that to return on Nov 4th/5th or not ?

I wondered if ALL arrivals Nov 1st onwards will be required to have the 'Thailand Pass' meaning any CoE effort is in vain right now ?

Any advice ?

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Many embassies and official consulates do not issue the COE until a few days before your departure date.

If there was a problem with it they would contact you about it.

Not necessarily, mine was held up at the end of September for 10 days, and then rejected.

my pre approval, 3 working days, final approval 4 working days, called them on second working day after uploading flights as couldn't save on the application my final departure airport nor my arriving airport, they told me that all was in order on the phone, yet still another 2 days before receiving the official confirmation

Guest jonzboy
On 10/21/2021 at 10:37 AM, TorquayFan said:

Are CoE applications still being progressed at all ?

I've got 'pre-approval' in UK for a Non-O return on Nov 4th/5th, (not to Sandbox). When I try to complete the next stage and upload, I get a message, 'documents not uploaded' by return and have to start again.

I'll have another try at progressing CoE tomorrow, but I wonder if I will be able to use that to return on Nov 4th/5th or not ?

I wondered if ALL arrivals Nov 1st onwards will be required to have the 'Thailand Pass' meaning any CoE effort is in vain right now ?

Any advice ?

Have you actually uploaded the documents?  Some people have not realised that after selecting a document (or drawing and dropping) there is an extra button to click to achieve the upload for each document (it's at the bottom of the section and looks like an arrow pointing upwards)

1 minute ago, jonzboy said:

Have you actually uploaded the documents?  Some people have not realised that after selecting a document (or drawing and dropping) there is an extra button to click to achieve the upload for each document (it's at the bottom of the section and looks like an arrow pointing upwards)

The instruction including an image of the button is at the bottom of the section, but the button itself appears below the image that has been selected or dragged and dropped into the page.  There's also a waste bin button to delete it IIRC.

Thanks Guys for the answers - you are right - the CoE site was not stalled, the problem was, I actually hadn't uploaded correctly. Now with some help, the documents are uploaded OK and are being 'processed' apparently.

As my previous AQ, Ravindra Beach at Jomtien, did not yet have a price for the 1 day in AQ, I have uploaded evidence of the previous 7 day AQ reservation. Hopefully when this is queried by CoE I will have a firm and paid for 1 day booking to send.

Thanks again.

On 10/21/2021 at 4:21 PM, jonzboy said:

I registered for COE (RTE London) on 8 October (Phuket Sandbox)

9 October - pre-approved

11 October all remaining documents uploaded and submitted

21 October COE approved

4 November scheduled arrival in Phuket

Our COE has not passed yet! TTTTTTT

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You should receive it within the next few days. I have heard of them not being issued until 2 or 3 days before the date of departure.

It's unsure. If I was notified 2 days before departure, it would be very anxious and difficult to take emergency measures if they said no. 

I am also waiting, applied last Wednesday night, got confirmation of receipt early Thursday (probably after uploading), and when checking get 'waiting for approval' message. Still the same now on Monday at 4 p.m. In the UK.

Still need to upload the reservation letter, thought you had to wait for pre-approval? Can you do that before pre-approval? I am travelling next monday, i need my COE by Friday or not enough time for PCR test. Rebooking the flight is a pain, had to do already due to health issues 3 weeks ago, can only be done by calling a telephone number and waiting in a queue for 30-40 minutes.

Any advice please

Rick. I'm doing the next stage,  i.e. after pre approval. You get to upload the ASQ reservation (for 1 night OK I think). I've got pre approval but am still waiting for this final approval to emerge.

(Frustratingly - I've got a better ASQ letter now but can't get in, to edit it in).

I'm flying Nov 4th but may put it back a week if I have to. Let us know how it goes . . .

Now on the coethailand.mfa.go.th website . . .

""""From 1 November 2021, the Certificate of Entry (COE) registration website will be closed for new registration. The applicant can apply for Thailand new electronic entry document (Thailand Pass QR code) at tp.consular.go.th which will be open for registration from 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs. onwards.

The website will allow traveller whose application has been pre-approved to continue their application process to obtain COE from the Royal Thai Embassy or the Royal Thai Consulate-General until 7 November 2021.

For travellers who have been issued COE and will arrive in Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards, the COE is valid for entering Thailand. The travellers can update the COE format which will mention the condition of stay complying with new entry regulations by downloading the revised COE document at this registration website (coethailand.mfa.go.th) or the link from your COE approval notification email.""""

That makes it clear - CoE IS confirmed OK in November IF approved October 31st or before . . . that seems a logical approach to me.

Edited by TorquayFan
correcting the source of this !

Rick - seems the London Embassy may have completed their 'rethink' so good luck and I hope your pre-approval email arrives soon. I woke early UK today to find really good news for me, insofaras, the data I had uploaded re. the ASQ has been rejected but they have unlocked my 'edit' function and I should be able to upload the new letter from the Hotel now - (yesterday the edit function was locked).

So wishing us both luck eh ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rickudon said:

I am also waiting, applied last Wednesday night, got confirmation of receipt early Thursday (probably after uploading), and when checking get 'waiting for approval' message. Still the same now on Monday at 4 p.m. In the UK.

Still need to upload the reservation letter, thought you had to wait for pre-approval? Can you do that before pre-approval? I am travelling next monday, i need my COE by Friday or not enough time for PCR test. Rebooking the flight is a pain, had to do already due to health issues 3 weeks ago, can only be done by calling a telephone number and waiting in a queue for 30-40 minutes.

Any advice please

To be honest, your schedule is too tight. The air ticket files only can be uploaded with pre-approval. I finally got in touch with their staff via Facebook, provided 6 digital number, and was told that my COE would be approved soon after they back to work on 27th. You can also try contacting them via Facebook.

13 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Rick - seems the London Embassy may have completed their 'rethink' so good luck and I hope your pre-approval email arrives soon. I woke early UK today to find really good news for me, insofaras, the data I had uploaded re. the ASQ has been rejected but they have unlocked my 'edit' function and I should be able to upload the new letter from the Hotel now - (yesterday the edit function was locked).

So wishing us both luck eh ?

Well, today a complete turn around. Got the pre-approval at 1 pm, uploaded my documents by 3 p.m. (more about that) and approved in 2 hours! Hats off to the Thai embassy in London!

Things to watch out for on the uploading of flight details - lots of sections with a minus sign - have to click on it to expand and then have to collapse again - if you do not it will not be saved. When you say confirm it says to check on your uploads/entries - do it and you get an answers box, make sure it is all there, if not go back and edit and check again - took me 3 times to get it all saved. Obviously remember to upload your docs with the button, not just drag and drop.

Good luck!

Well done Rick and the Embassy in London. After receiving pre-approval, my 'Hotel Booking' was rejected twice for lack of detail. I replied via [email protected] attaching a PDF - (I couldn't get back in to the CoE website for this purpose).

BTW - maybe they are all hands on deck for clearing the CoE's in hand - (they are certainly not picking the phone up - I queued for 1 hr 50 mins yesterday and gave up !)

Think I should be OK this time. Onto booking a pre-departure PCR now.