Prenuptial Marrage Contracts -thai

washing

No - prenups are ignored by most divorce courts in the UK.

But they are not 'illegal'. If you want to agree one, fine - the problem will come when your tirac's lawyer refuses to accept that you both understood the intention of the document.

THANKS FOR REPLY TO PRENUPS. I HAVE BEEN TO TOP THAI LAWYER WHO SAYS ABSOLUTE LEGAL IN THAILAND BUT NOT SURE ABOUT UK. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME AS I HAVE CONSIDERABLE ASSETS IN UK. DO YOU KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS HAD COURSE TO DIVORCE IN UK AND USE THE PRENUP/ ?

An expert writes

DO YOU KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS HAD COURSE TO DIVORCE IN UK AND USE THE PRENUP/ ?

Yes and no.

Yes to a divorce from a Thai woman and no to a prenuptial contract.

I could say save two lots of money, these contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on when it comes to the court proceedings.

So you can save money there, the second way and believe me this is much cheaper don't get married in the first place but then again I'm biased.

Pre-nups are NOT recognised in any UK Court. Weather your wife be a foreign national or British, no court in the UK will accept a pre-nup. She will get half of everything!

But if you are this concerned over pre nups at such an early stage, then I think you are definatley not ready to marry this girl yet.

Washing, you should look for good information about marriage and divorce BEFORE considering any long-term relationship.

If something is not clear to you, you should ask first, and then decide, if you are ready for marriage. You are right to do so, be concerned about pre-nups and other legal contracts at a very early stage.

Pre-nups are nowhere considered in any court within the EU, and if you are rich and the girl is poor, you might end up with 80 percent of your property gone to her and her lawyers. This might happen to you unexpected, even if you did nothing wrong to her.... She wants to leave you, for what reason ever, and 80 percent of your property might leave you as well.

1-

I think, the best workaround of this situation is to marry a partner, who is about your age and who has about the same assets you have. (This is, what I did 28 years ago)

2-

Another way might be, before considering any long-term relationship, to seek very good legal advice, how to remove these assets out of the EU and make them not executable in case of divorce. ( I have no experience with that however)

3-

Make an investment:

When my friend married a poor Thai woman 12 years ago, he was offering housing and business to all family members of the girl - business, which is done only in his own name....

Should his wife leave him, he has the power to retaliate - her parents will be homeless and her brother and her 2 sisters will be jobless, same with about 10 other relatives of her Thai family......(I think, if his wife makes problems, her family will kill her and replace her with her younger sister - no joke)

Think twice, before marriage!

Make an investment:

When my friend married a poor Thai woman 12 years ago, he was offering housing and business to all family members of the girl - business, which is done only in his own name....

Should his wife leave him, he has the power to retaliate - her parents will be homeless and her brother and her 2 sisters will be jobless, same with about 10 other relatives of her Thai family......(I think, if his wife makes problems, her family will kill her and replace her with her younger sister - no joke)

Very dangerous situation, he could just have an accident in that case.

Very dangerous situation, he could just have an accident in that case.

Not true, just the opposite, as the Thai family is not related to his business at all,

and all original registration papers and so on are in a bank safety box outside of Thailand.....

He is Russian, he has a brother and some friends, who will care about his business, if he really has an accident. They are also living in Thailand, by the way....

Believe me, the Thai family cares very very much about his well-beings....

Another option would be to put all of your substantial holdings into an investment portfolio system which is then able to be placed into a trust with you named as the sole beneficiary. You can always add her as a beneficiary later if you wish, or allow the trust to pay her something to live on through her life or whatever.

The options to operate in total financial safety from prying fingers private or government are many using this approach. :D

PM me if you want specifics. :o