Online TM30 entry error

I am trying to do the TM30 online, i have a username and password and trying to make the spreadsheet for entry of a TM30.

Downloaded the spreadsheet from the thai site and my input is as follows : (see picture)

When i try to save it i always get the same error "something wrong in line 1  , correct data". I don't know what to fill in "check out date" but tried a few different things to see if that would help.

So i am stuck, anyone here that does the TM30 online and knows what to do ? I would be eternally grateful.

1449060354_forumsamplequestiontm30.jpg.4109e53ce10bb1f69963014095347822.jpg

I don't think you need to use a spreadsheet for your TM30 data. Type it in directly to the online questionnaire page. You have to upload a rental agreement, passport, owner ID, Tabien Baan etc. Leave checkout blank. Does anyone know what do TM30 online when your leaving a place permanently ? Fill out your data again with the check out date filled in or just submit a new address ?  

13 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

I don't think you need to use a spreadsheet for your TM30 data. Type it in directly to the online questionnaire page. You have to upload a rental agreement, passport, owner ID, Tabien Baan etc. Leave checkout blank. Does anyone know what do TM30 online when your leaving a place permanently ? Fill out your data again with the check out date filled in or just submit a new address ?  

Yes i used the online questionnaire as well, all it does is fill out the same fields as the spreadsheet does. Left the checkout blank and still nothing.

Just to be clear : i do have full access to the system with a usernumber and password that i got after uploading everything from the house.

11 minutes ago, WhatsNext said:

Yes i used the online questionnaire as well, all it does is fill out the same fields as the spreadsheet does. Left the checkout blank and still nothing.

Just to be clear : i do have full access to the system with a usernumber and password that i got after uploading everything from the house.

Yes I have access username / password as well, managed to file last January, I don't have any idea why you cannot save, any idea what you do if leaving a place thats on file if anything, you cannot edit whats in there already. 

11 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Yes I have access username / password as well, managed to file last January, I don't have any idea why you cannot save, any idea what you do if leaving a place thats on file if anything, you cannot edit whats in there already. 

No idea about how to change what's already there. This is my first time trying..... I hope someone knows. Maybe it is just a hickup in the system and everything will be ok on tuesday as the government opens.

1 minute ago, WhatsNext said:

No idea about how to change what's already there. This is my first time trying..... I hope someone knows. Maybe it is just a hickup in the system and everything will be ok on tuesday as the government opens.

Good luck, I don't think many use the online TM30,  10 months ago was my first time as well stumbling through it........

4 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Good luck, I don't think many use the online TM30,  10 months ago was my first time as well stumbling through it........

Yes to my big surprise about 90% of the people i know in Thailand also make a physical trip to immigration for the 90 days, online takes about 3 minutes to do.

Anyway let's hope for the appearance of the TM30 expert that we will surely have here somewhere on the forum ????

By the way : i did get one step further, when i switched the automatic translation off from google chrome , now it says "saving" and after that i get a new error : "An error occurred". As an ex programmer myself i'd love to fire the guy that made this mess. 

Edited by WhatsNext

Three weeks ago I failed to do my TM30 online by webbrowser - even though I had done it several times before.

I got the recommendation to try the app (called Section38 [for android]) and manged to do it by the app. I suggest give it a try, you can use the same logon data as by the webbrowser. Good luck!

The online-services like TM30 and 90 days reporting let me fear for the Thailands future in the digital world ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile one step further : When switching off the automatic translation from chrome, there is no "error on line 1"  anymore and i get a nice spinning circle for "saving" after which i get a new error "Error occured" 555. I download the Section38 as @bikestorm suggested and checked there. When you open the app you get a message in Thai that the server isn't available...

Of course ! Make an App and make sure it doesn't work, TIT afterall. But at least there is a reason now, "line 1 error" was due to chrome translate, and the "error occured" on the website is because the server is switched off. 

Thailand, it is really time that you don't let someone's nephew program an app and get a trained programmer to do it....

15 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

I used it for my last 2 reports. Told me it submitted successfully. Went to immigration last week and asked them to check the entries. They said not in the data base. Had to pay bt4,000. I'll do it immigration from  now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lazybones said:

I used it for my last 2 reports. Told me it submitted successfully. Went to immigration last week and asked them to check the entries. They said not in the data base. Had to pay bt4,000. I'll do it immigration from  now

90 day report or TM30 ? I send 90day reports by EMS post works well and avoid appearances at immigration..... my first 90 day report in person after TM30 done online, I had to tell them look on the online TM30 database they were getting ready  to fine me 2000 baht...... 

Edited by CANSIAM

That's why i always try to do everything online, no need for copies of everything, no need for a trip to the office, no standing in line, no stress. However if it doesn't work then what can you do.

I try to get everything done online and only visit immigration for the yearly retirement extension.

Saving a new TM.30 entry, either by utilizing the spreadsheet option, or direct data entry with the web interface has NOT been possible for a while (months). I haven't tried recently, it still has problems according to posts here and on FB. You can search for, find and screen-cap a successful entry using the web interface.

The mobile app does allow one to save a new entry.

I've been using the app.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

My Wife (who is a well educated Thai) and myself who has been using IT Apps for over 30 years have been fighting with the TM 30 and 90 day reporting for the last 16 years and manged to get them to work ONCE ech, but now only receive an error message, or refusal to save.  It's exceptionally frustrating and I fear for Thailand as a future hub for IT!

• Thanks 1

Everyone is having this problem. They guy who we are short-term renting a place from spent 3 days trying to get the website, android app, and iphone app to work. Unless someone knows some magical secret, there is nothing you can do to make these work right now.

For renewal, Phuket immigration required that the owner either gives the tourist the documents to register the TM30 or comes to register it themselves.

• Thanks 1

The form's date field says mm/dd/yyyy - the 1st example below is mm/dd/yyyy (09/20/2013), and the 2nd example is mm/dd/yyyy (01/19/2014). I expect the programmer has made an error in the instructions. My experience in Thailand is that they use the date format dd/mm/yyyy - so try using this style instead.

Also, for the Middle Name, try not leaving it blank - put in a dash symbol ( - ).

Edited by S0S