Thailand’s Koh Chang ‘sandbox’ to kick of November 11

webfact

8FA5B9AB-DDBE-41B9-BF68-23F2BC974433.jpg

Thailand’s eastern province of Trat plans to officially reopen to foreign and domestic travellers under its “Koh Chang Sandbox” scheme on November 11th.

Governor of Trat province Chamnanwit Taerat has ordered Koh Chang Island district to prepare for reopening under the scheme to revive the local tourism sector. It also plans to proceed with “Koh Kood Sandbox” in the near future.

Those travelling under this scheme must be fully inoculated with two doses of an approved vaccine or have a COVID-19 negative test result, either through RT-PCR or antigen tests, along with a medical certificate, or have fully recovered from a COVID-19 infection for at least 90 days.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-koh-chang-sandbox-to-kick-of-november-11/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Governor of Trat province Chamnanwit Taerat has ordered Koh Chang Island district to prepare for reopening under the scheme to revive the local tourism sector. It also plans to proceed with “Koh Kood Sandbox” in the near future.

Just quit the "Sandbox" dialouge, it's old and tainted.

Just say: WELCOME, WE'RE OPEN.

• Like 2

I don't understand this, it seems to be already open, (not that it was ever closed) quite a few of those Mini bus tour groups here last weekend and the weekend before, also seen a few big M/C touring around. so it's already open, there has been no restrictions coming here apart from getting out of a red zone, unless they mean visitors from overseas, how will they be transported to the island ? Has anyone been through the big mushroom checkpoint recently ? I took the CenterPoint ferry to Trat and back on Thursday no checks whatsoever anywhere.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:04 AM, brianthainess said:

I don't understand this, it seems to be already open, (not that it was ever closed) quite a few of those Mini bus tour groups here last weekend and the weekend before, also seen a few big M/C touring around. so it's already open, there has been no restrictions coming here apart from getting out of a red zone, unless they mean visitors from overseas, how will they be transported to the island ? Has anyone been through the big mushroom checkpoint recently ? I took the CenterPoint ferry to Trat and back on Thursday no checks whatsoever anywhere.

Could the thinking be to be classed as 'sandbox' like phuket then be able to sell alcohol in the restaurants??

51 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Could the thinking be to be classed as 'sandbox' like phuket then be able to sell alcohol in the restaurants??

The only restaurants that will be able to sell alcohol have to be registered, I have a friend with just a small restaurant  who just told me they can't get registered on that site, although they have tried a few times.  But nothing stopping you from having a drink on the beach so far, No doubt the big business with connections have registered.