Hobie Mirage Tandem Island kayak where to buy in Thailand?

I'm getting close to moving back down to near the ocean from up here in Nakhon Nowhere.

I want to spend more time out on the ocean and I like the idea of the Tandem island where it can be paddled, pedaled or sailed. I thought that there was a distributor just south of Pattaya called Blue Seas Marina but when I contacted them, they said that they no longer carry them. Does anyone here know where to buy one of these here in Thailand?

Edited by Bobsuruncle

• 4 months later...

Well, just in case there is someone out there that might be interested in buying a Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak, I finally located the new Hobie dealership company for Thailand. It's called Siam Watercraft and the main office is in Pathum Thani. The GM's name is Mark.

So, I finally have one now down here in Krabi. Life is good!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 10:16 AM, Bobsuruncle said:

Well, just in case there is someone out there that might be interested in buying a Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak, I finally located the new Hobie dealership company for Thailand. It's called Siam Watercraft and the main office is in Pathum Thani. The GM's name is Mark.

So, I finally have one now down here in Krabi. Life is good!

Looks nice.  What is the wind range you can use this in?  Also price?

10 hours ago, neytil said:

Looks nice.  What is the wind range you can use this in?  Also price?

Hello neytil. I'm no expert sailor, in fact, I'm just a beginner. So to answer your question I went to the Hobie forum and one answer from "fusineng" was this from 5mph winds to 20 mph winds. With just the mainsail up I have a hard time getting any faster than around 5-6 mph (on gps) typically. In low wind under 8 mph (typical in Sarasota bay) it is not so fun, unless you like going 1.5-2 mph

One forum member said he has had it in winds up to 30mph. I'm using it more for the exercise and fishing more than the sailing aspect. But I like the idea that if I am sailing and the wind dies down to zip, I can still peddle or paddle the kayak back to shore. The price was 291,308 baht for the kayak and another 36,481 baht for the beach dolly. Not cheap!

On 3/21/2022 at 8:27 AM, Bobsuruncle said:

Hello neytil. I'm no expert sailor, in fact, I'm just a beginner. So to answer your question I went to the Hobie forum and one answer from "fusineng" was this from 5mph winds to 20 mph winds. With just the mainsail up I have a hard time getting any faster than around 5-6 mph (on gps) typically. In low wind under 8 mph (typical in Sarasota bay) it is not so fun, unless you like going 1.5-2 mph

One forum member said he has had it in winds up to 30mph. I'm using it more for the exercise and fishing more than the sailing aspect. But I like the idea that if I am sailing and the wind dies down to zip, I can still peddle or paddle the kayak back to shore. The price was 291,308 baht for the kayak and another 36,481 baht for the beach dolly. Not cheap!

Thank you very much for the info.  I will check youtube as well, as I would like to see how it sails in say 25 knots.....