How to provide proof of Vaccination with US CDC paper vaccination record? Is there an app for that?

The U.S. has the best vaccines and you can walkin just about any place and get one.

Their documentaion however, is a joke.  A piece of paper or cardboard with hand written information written by the provider.  Thailand's documentation is much more tech oriented and professional.

From what I have read,  if you have a QR code certificate the TP process will take much less time.

I assume the Thai embassies/consulates have access to the U.S. vaccine information but it appears more work will be involved to verify it.

• Thanks 1

I'm in the US now and I agree my CDC vaccination card looks kind of messy. But that's the reason I made a point to get the shots at at my HMO, Kaiser, instead of at a CVS or the like--I've assumed Kaiser will have some kind of record of my appointments (I avoided walk-in) and showing up that day, but I need to check. 

• Like 1

Some US States have a version of vaccine passport with a QR Code but they probably would not work outside of the US.  I know the State of California's Department of Health has my Covid 19 Vaccination record but I cannot access them from Thailand unless I use a VPN.  For Americans with a CDC Vaccination card I doubt an internationally accepted Digital Vaccine Passport is possible at this time.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Salerno said:

Just upload a pic/scan; your Embassy/Consulate will be aware of what your local health agencies supply.

I'm a full-time legal resident of Mexico but had the J&J (Janssen) vaccine at a Savon pharmacy in Nevada last year.  Hope the Mexico Thai Embassy folks will accept the USA paper card!

That's just one thing I'm wondering about.  I'd like to start planning a 30-day visit for early next year using the 7-day Pattaya Sandbox (Mexico is not on the white list of countries with just the 1-day ASQ hotel option), but https://asq.in.th/ still shows: 

"The selected entry option is NOT APPROVED yet.
Please be aware that you cannot currently enter the country with the option you have selected."

...for Pattaya Sandbox.  It's now 01-Nov and I still can't find a list of hotels to look for a 7-day Sandbox booking.

4 minutes ago, wpcoe said:

...for Pattaya Sandbox.  It's now 01-Nov and I still can't find a list of hotels to look for a 7-day Sandbox booking.

Just have to be patient I'm afraid, same deal for "test and go" in Phuket, try finding a 1-night package there. They appear to be having problems mixing the three entry options in various locations.

I’m in Hawaii and when I got vaccinated I was given a CDC card with hand written names, dates, times and lot numbers. I can’t even read some of the hand written ‘scribble’.

Luckily I registered with the Vaccine Administration Management System’ (VAMS).

I now can login online and pull up my vaccination information. There is also a QR code provided. I generated a pdf of the info and QR code and put it in a folder on my ‘notes’ app on my phone for quick access, and no need to login to a website.

The CDC site states: “States and jurisdictions across the United States are using different web-based applications for vaccination clinic management. Contact your health department to find out which vaccination management system they are using”.

If you could get registered with your local health department management system you would have quick access to your vaccine information in digital format.

Edited by srowndedbyh2o

A lot of people are commenting that their vaccine cards are pretty basic. 

Would the 'International Certificate of Vaccine or Prophylaxis' be sufficient ?

*(i.e. the Yellow Vaccine Booklet - more commonly used for Yellow Fever). 

For those in the states, could they obtain the Yellow  'International Certificate of Vaccine or Prophylaxis’ and have their physician sign off (and stamp) the Covid-19 vaccine details ?

I have this Vaccine booklet which includes details my Yellow Fever Vax, Typhoid, Hep, Polio, Tetanus vaccines etc.

Surely this is the ideal place to log the Covid-19 vaccine (Thailand has adopted this booklet and called it the 'Covid-19 certificate of vaccination’  - so my guess is that such a document would be accepted here.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

Just take a picture of the card and save it on your phone.

The US vaccination card may be "basic", but it is used by over 300 million people and therefore likely to be accepted everywhere that wants customers.

It is superior to the various online approaches because it does not require an internet connection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1