Water Heater ELSD Light On

Banana7

On a 12 year old 4500 watt Stiebel Eltron shower water heater, an hour or 2 after taking a shower, the ELSD (Earth Leakage Sensing Device) light comes on. This happens every day. Sometimes the main RCBO breaker also shuts down. Should the water heater be replaced?

Edited by Banana7

That is why i like my simple Panasonic w heather as this has a mechanical ELSD who jumps out after testing and need to be pushed in to arm it again, no fuzz with leds ....as my former expensive Mazuma who same faulted as poster has .....all those "christmass leds " are to risky to fail..

yes replace it, or get it checked/ repaired. 12 years is good going, and it's a medium to good brand i know. the element is probably breaking down through corrosion, about 2k to repair...ish. but replace with same brand, you got another 12 yrs fingers crossed...

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, jastheace said:

yes replace it, or get it checked/ repaired. 12 years is good going, and it's a medium to good brand i know. the element is probably breaking down through corrosion, about 2k to repair...ish. but replace with same brand, you got another 12 yrs fingers crossed...

What would you say is the best brand for low water pressure, long life, overall reliability?

39 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

What would you say is the best brand for low water pressure, long life, overall reliability?

steibel eltron i've always used when i had to fit my own. never a problem, elements made in europe (germany) . only used for a few months in the cool season though, like now !!! 4.5 kW a bit weak for me.

• Thanks 1