Painting interior walls

Kanada

We want to paint interior but have cooking oil smoke on the walls of our kitchen! I’m looking for a product to wash the greasy smoke off before I paint but tried two paint shops and they don’t seem to know what I’m talking about! They just suggested a primer… I will use a primer but can’t bring myself to roll it over this oil smoke! 

In Canada we used a product called TSP specifically made for this job…it was a powder mixed with water if I remember correctly!
Does anyone know what I should buy here in Thailand

On 11/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, bankruatsteve said:

The products mentioned are sure to remove grease but so will most kitchen cleaning products.  That's what they do.  ????

Yes but they leave a film on the wall surface as well….not good

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 3:28 PM, KannikaP said:

3M Kitchen Degreaser from Lazada.

My 2 y/o nephew got into the wife's make-up (oil based?) and decided to leave his art work on the walls.  I already had Kitchen Magic clean degreaser from Makro and gave it a try, It removed most of the art work, now I just need to see if one coat of paint will be enough. ????

11 hours ago, bbko said:

My 2 y/o nephew got into the wife's make-up (oil based?) and decided to leave his art work on the walls.  I already had Kitchen Magic clean degreaser from Makro and gave it a try, It removed most of the art work, now I just need to see if one coat of paint will be enough. ????

Thanks I’m a fan of Makro so I think I’ll give the Kitchen Magic a try

ive got a lot of space to do as it looks like kitchen dining and living rooms all need to be cleaned and painted!

This comes from normal Thai cooking and I’m not sure why we’re having this Aussie all of a sudden in the last six months!

We’re going to move the cooking back out to the summer kitchen I guess!

11 hours ago, bbko said:

Do they sell anything to remove the nephew ?