Any plan to open a land border for tourists?

Everyone is excited about opened Thailand by air with some costly conditions. However for me, there is only an option to come to Thailand from Cambodia by land. I have animal and electric scooter with me and on boarding might be not allowed.

Is Thai government planning to open land border with Cambodia, Myanmar? It would help them to solve illegal border crossing by locals. It seems locals have no choice being the land border closed and do border crossing illegally without covid tests etc. 

On 11/7/2021 at 6:56 PM, ubonjoe said:

When they will open land borders is unknown at this time.

Thais are allowed to enter at some land borders but it is a mandatory 14 day quarantine.

and what about if im in thailand now and go to vietnam and return to thailand to get an extra two months stay in thailand.  will the thais allow that ,  the airline visa runs?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

and what about if im in thailand now and go to vietnam and return to thailand to get an extra two months stay in thailand.  will the thais allow that ,  the airline visa runs?

You could do it but at this time it would be costly due to covid 19 tests, quarantine and etc.

Not sure what Vietnam requires for entry at this time.

9 minutes ago, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

As I understand it, you're not allowed in to Vietnam proper but rather an island off the mainland, Phu Quoc.

Think that might start late November. However that would be chartered flights?

Also think currently visa exempt is still off the table.

Bit of pipe dream in my thinking. 

Why would anyone from Thailand go there....to achieve visa exempt 30 day stamp on return to Thailand. Sounds ridiculous.

In any event not what the OP was about.