Suggestions for a family day out!

greenmonkey

Okay so with the daily stresses of life, covid, restrictions etc.... it dawned on me today that I need to start enjoying life again. I realised that my family and I are in a wonderful country with many wonderful opportunities and experiences to be enjoyed.

The first thing that sprang to mind and something I have always wanted to do is to spend a day/weekend at an elephant sancturary. I will do my research carefully to ensure we choose an ethical establishment and am already looking forward to bringing my son/wife to whichever one we decide upon!

I'd like to know if anyone has any recommendations for other types of family experiences they can recommend or consider a MUST DO whilst here in Thailand!?

TIA

6 hours ago, johng said:

You say a "day out"   so you may get better answers if you state where you live..Thailand is quite large ( about the same France  if I remember correctly )

Good point! I live in Nonthaburi but can venture to neighbouring provinces for instance I am looking at Kanchanaburi for the elephant sanctuary.

Over the years (pre covid) the family and I would do day trips to the beaches, national parks, waterfalls, and dams.  Fill up the gas tank, bring snacks, and a stocked ice chest, and sometimes bring an overnight bag just in case we decide to extend the trip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Chutachak market I read has opened up, lots of stalls, lots to see. 

Across the road is a beautiful park, it's huge, nice walking 

Was there last weekend, about 25% of the stalls is back and open, but it's very nice to be there, can walk freely, see monuments and statues you have no idea they where where before.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

Good point! I live in Nonthaburi but can venture to neighbouring provinces for instance I am looking at Kanchanaburi for the elephant sanctuary.

I'm in Nonthaburi too and travel around for entertainment. Recently I have been to Kanchanaburi; to be honest it's very quiet although if you are happy just wandering around it's a nice place and you can always venture a little further up to Sai Yok National Park. I would check to see if the trains are running up there as  that can fun. My main area of entertainment is in Cha Am, lots going on beach and sea wise especially at the weekend, and again if you are happy just wandering then Kaeng Krachan is serene and charming.  Finally , although personally I'm not keen there's always Amphawa floating market which is lively.

• Thanks 1

You could take a raft lunch trip in Kanchanburi. You just talk to the people who arrange the trips right there near downtown Kanchanburi.

You could visit the 100 year old market in Suphanburi. Look it up online.

A day walking around the temples of Ayuttaya with noodles for lunch.

Get on the Skytrain and take it to the end of the Sukumvit Line. From there about 100 baht in the Taxi and you are by the mudflats and sea. There's a science research area there and a long pier that you can walk out to the end of and have lunch in its restaurant. There may be other sites or stops along the skytrain to fill the day.

Dreamworld is an amusement park which is near Future Park Mall Rangsit which has ice skating.. There's also Suan Siam for a waterpark but not sure where in BKK that is.

The last recommendation is the Annual Thai Family Nudist Festival which this year is going to be held with the Thai 420 Ganja and Mushroom Festival on the same day in Nakon Nayok. No, I'm just kidding.

• Thanks 1