Philippines suspends decision to allow vaccinated tourists entry

snoop1130

naia-personnel-ppe2020-08-1917-27-122021-03-1623-12-41_2021-11-29_14-28-01.jpg

An international airline ground staff wearing protective gear works at the airport in Manila on August 4, 2020.

AFP / Ted Aljibe, file

MANILA, Philippines — The Philippines has temporarily suspended a decision to allow fully vaccinated tourists entry in a bid to prevent a new, heavily mutated coronavirus variant taking off in the country where most of the population remains unvaccinated.

It comes as the Southeast Asian nation on Monday launched a three-day vaccination drive targeting nine million people as young as 12 in an effort to accelerate the roll-out of jabs.

So far, the country has not reported any cases of the Omicron strain, which was first detected in South Africa and has since spread around the globe.

Full Story: https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2021/11/29/2144591/philippines-suspends-decision-allow-vaccinated-tourists-entry

philstar.png
-- © Copyright Philstar 2021-11-29
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

if ph keeps see sawing decisions no one will come

That's the whole idea, lol. Suspending entry means nobody will come. That said, I know several people planning to go early next year when restrictions are lifted so, yes, they will come. Of course they will come. It's not just the Philippines tightening restrictions after recently relaxing them. Many countries are doing the same.

Edited by ozimoron

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That's the whole idea, lol. Suspending entry means nobody will come. That said, I know several people planning to go early next year when restrictions are lifted so, yes, they will come. Of course they will come. It's not just the Philippines tightening restrictions after recently relaxing them. Many countries are doing the same.

but if you see saw then when u open they still wont come cause they will be fearful of new rules happening when they enter that affect their stay.  at least thailand is staying the course.  hopefully ph wont keep see sawing.  u need a certain consistancy in action to be trusted.

5 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

but if you see saw then when u open they still wont come cause they will be fearful of new rules happening when they enter that affect their stay.  at least thailand is staying the course.  hopefully ph wont keep see sawing.  u need a certain consistancy in action to be trusted.

As I said many countries are doing the same including Australia. Do you think that people will stop coming to Australia? They won't stop going anywhere once it's safer. Japan just banned all foreign travellers. Will tourists stop going to Japan. Highly unlikely. You are just fear mongering.

Countries are just adopting a wait and see approach until more info becomes available. Travel bans are proven to work. They kept Australia and New Zealand virus free until they were lifted.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

As I said many countries are doing the same including Australia. Do you think that people will stop coming to Australia? They won't stop going anywhere once it's safer. Japan just banned all foreign travellers. Will tourists stop going to Japan. Highly unlikely. You are just fear mongering.

my point is that thailand is staying the course which brings trust.   you are the one fear mongering close up the world is your motto.  i say stay the course.  

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

my point is that thailand is staying the course which brings trust.   you are the one fear mongering close up the world is your motto.  i say stay the course.  

Stop  putting words into my mouth, you are flaming. The bans are temporary. You don't know what Thailand will do. It isn't about trust, it;'s about stopping a virus with unknown characteristics from becoming pandemic as much as possible.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Stop  putting words into my mouth, you are flaming. The bans are temporary. You don't know what Thailand will do. It isn't about trust, it;'s about stopping a virus with unknown characteristics from becoming pandemic as much as possible.

temporary for years.  

Edited by yogi yogi
spelling