Bangkok Airways resumes flights to Phnom Penh

geovalin

Bangkok Airways resumed flights between the Thai and Cambodian capitals yesterday. Flight PG931 left Suvarnabhumi Bangkok International Airport at 08:50am and more than 100 passengers disembarked at Phnom Penh International Airport at 10:05am. The return flight, PG932, departed at 10:55am and arrived at 12:10pm. The regional airline operates short to mid-range narrow-bodied Airbus A319s on the route.

Bangkok Airways plans to fly between the two cities every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for the first two weeks and operated daily flights from December 16. “It is an important milestone as it is historically a busy route and yields high passenger volume, inbound and outbound,” said Cambodia Airports spokesman Norinda Khek.

“We had 111 pax flying in and 112 flying out, which is a good load factor and is conducive to sustain the liaison,” he said. Cambodia Airports also operates international airports at Sihanoukville and Siem Reap. Kek said he hoped flights between Siem Reap and Bangkok will resume very soon.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50980851/bangkok-airways-resumes-flights-to-phnom-penh/

CHOR8052.jpg.358b7bc3a25185d247b9eec54d9b3449.jpg

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

And get insurance and get the Thailand Pass QR code, and get an RT-PCR test within 72 hours of departure - these are expensive in Cambodia ($130).  The Thailand Pass QR code  can be a headache - some people get it right away but for others, inexplicable delays and need to reapply several times.

Note that to enter Cambodia you need both a PCR before departure and a test on arrival. I am hearing that this may be done at the airport (not certain) and costs $130, following which you are told to isolate in your residence until you get the results, which you apparently then have to go to pick up yourself in person (seems odd given the isolation policy...I'm still working this one out. A friend just left for Phnom Penh today so I can update soon).

looking at it that way does not seem like a fair deal that is about 1000 dollars in fees ..........

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Update: Just spoke to my friend who just landed and cleared the airport.

The complete test (rapid antigen test) is done at the airport and there is no charge. You get the results before you leave and are then fully cleared to go anywhere. So please disregard 2nd sentence above.

so adding up costs i wonder what the added costs are.........i guess the test and go in thailand upon return would be the biggest cost

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

so adding up costs i wonder what the added costs are.........i guess the test and go in thailand upon return would be the biggest cost

Biggest cost will be the/rt airfare. Followed by the PCR test in Cambodia & the Thai Test & Go (these cost about the same). Cost of medical insurance for Thailnd but that amount will vary widely  depwlending on how long ypy need to insure for.bear in mind that all costs assume you test negative. Test positive and its a whole other thing.

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Biggest cost will be the/rt airfare. Followed by the PCR test in Cambodia & the Thai Test & Go (these cost about the same). Cost of medical insurance for Thailnd but that amount will vary widely  depwlending on how long ypy need to insure for.bear in mind that all costs assume you test negative. Test positive and its a whole other thing.

i would be tempted to wait till some reduction in costs.............i also need to study if the capital of cambodias economy has been decimated and its borderline unsafe their for outsiders at this time?