Electric Water Heater

ouagadougou

If it was up to me I'd buy a 6 or 8 kW heater.  Unfortunately, we're moving into a rental unit and whatever we buy will stay in the house after we leave. 

Any idea what the best options are for on-demand mid to lower priced electric water heaters?  I've used too many rubbish heaters that aren't worth buying even if you leave them behind in a couple years.

Edited by ouagadougou
  • Haha 1

When we were looking at the place we're in now there was no hot water in the kitchen, I questioned this with the landlady ( how are you supposed to wash plates and stuff ? ) she kindly had a shower heater & a swan neck mixer tap fitted before we moved in.

It's a Mazumo, works very well

Sorry, I have no idea about what power.

Edited by Golden Triangle
Extra info

9 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

4.5kw likely largest your electric will support and very much like the Panasonic.

image.jpeg.36fc5e56f6b233e85037b7b186fa85d4.jpeg

That's  a "DH-4JL1".   Mine's a "DH-3JL2"

I've no idea what the difference is - had it for many years.

8 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

That's  a "DH-4JL1".   Mine's a "DH-3JL2"

I've no idea what the difference is - had it for many years.

1,000 watts (4,500W).  I also had that 3.5kw unit for many years and very happy with it but as old age creeps (runs) in find the extra wattage of the DH-4 more to our liking for the few cold days here in Bangkok.  Almost identical in construction.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2021 at 3:48 AM, VocalNeal said:

Are we allowed to ask why it must stay there when you leave?

Umm, sounds like my other less intelligent half volunteered to leave it behind during negotiations before moving in.  Why?  Not exactly sure.  I made my opinion clear, rattled a little face, and decided to move on and wait for the next battle to appear.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ouagadougou said:

Umm, sounds like my other less intelligent half volunteered to leave it behind during negotiations before moving in.  Why?  Not exactly sure.  I made my opinion clear, rattled a little face, and decided to move on and wait for the next battle to appear.

Perhaps owner had to wire electric to power it?  At any rate not a major expense to keep everyone happy.

2 hours ago, ouagadougou said:

OK. It just seemed out of place. I've lived in two rental places and All we got were some wires hanging from the ceiling. We purchased a heater and used it in both places. 

from what i have gleaned low power is OK in the south but up north the incoming water can be colder so needs more oomph.