NYE in Isaan.

grain

Just found out I'll be in KK at end this month. Is there anything good, fun, interesting going to happen NYE? Also what about Udon or Nong Khai, anything happening NYE. Nong Khai in particular would be nice if I could get in a riverside restaurant and there were fireworks on Thai & Lao sides. Any info/ideas for me?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thai006 said:

Kk is a boring city now lol believe me just go to Phuket if you want have fun for nye.  Me I will spend with my Thai family here ????????????

very true, always been boring

if kk province is the only choice you'll have more fun in chum phae 

• Confused 1

In the spirit of the poster bein an out-of-towner not having family/friends in the Isaan area, I can't imagine anything being better than going to the KK Tawan Daeng. I guess there could always be some block parties somewhere, but not sure how you'd find them and there probably wouldn't be any city-sponsored events.

If my Thailand Pass comes through, I get to have fun with the Thai family/neighbors in the middle of nowhere in Maha Sarakham where we'll pretty much be sitting on bales of hay and being forced to suffer through karaoke as I see how quickly I can see the bottom of a whiskey bottle while eating some good food.

• 2 weeks later...