Airline Covid requirement for an International flight OUT of Thailand

Siam Bruce

Leaving Thailand on an Outbound Thai Inter Flight

My friend is travelling to Europe  UK, he has a confirmed Thai Inter booking and the booking in the UK for his PCR test.
There is some confusion as to what is required to fly OUT of Thai for a person having had the double vax and has the certificates with the Phone App. and Pax locator form.

On one call to Thai Inter they said he needed nothing, ATK or PCR test
when we queried this he called again and was told he needed a PCR test.
On the third call to Thai Inter he was told he needed a Fit to Fly certificate.

Not one person will tell him what the actual regulation is and reference No.

He has gone ahead and has booked a PCR test. 

Does anybody know the full story on this ( Not what you think please) can you quote the order/Reg etc issued by who etc. He would like to print out and show at the ticket counter.

It seemed obvious to us that any airline would require this as a safety measure for all Pax, ATK or PCR is up to them. This was the reason we questioned our friend over lunch.

We may or may not agree with some or any of the current Thai regs. but they are what they are, we would just like complete CLARITY.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, treetops said:

No rules to fly out.  Rules are set by the destination country, any transit country and occasionally an airline might throw in one or two of their own.

Does anybody have the actual regulation, Its no good turning up at the airport and saying so and so told me XYZ, 

I myself am not leaving, this could cause a lot of expense and hardship to somebody who was denied boarding.

14 minutes ago, Siam Bruce said:

Does anybody have the actual regulation, Its no good turning up at the airport and saying so and so told me XYZ, 

I myself am not leaving, this could cause a lot of expense and hardship to somebody who was denied boarding.

When you go to the TG website to book your ticket it clearly informs you what you need to arrange before departure, based upon your vaccination status.  In the case of the UK it is clear only those not vaccinated (or vaccinated with unauthorised vaccines) need a departure PCR test.

• Like 1

In case the OP still has doubts about the TG website and the rules, the following link takes you to the Finnair TH advisory for a flight to the UK. It restates that a pre-flight PCR test is only required if the pax isn't fully vaccinated or has been vaccinated with a vaccine that the UK doesn't recognize. So apart from the online PLF and proof of the pre-booked PCR test for 2-days AFTER arrival, and assuming he's had a proper double vaccination, the OP's friend should be fine.

https://www.finnair.com/th-en/flight-information/travel-updates/entry-requirements-to-the-uk-2157460

Of course any visit or transit through a 'red list' country means mandatory quarantine and as Finnair recommends, check these rules DAILY as they can change at short notice.

From The ThaiAirways web page

FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM
The information on this page is based on the guidance made available by the relevant authorities and is correct as of the date above and may be subject to change at very short notice.

Fully vaccinated passengers:

1. Book a test for day 2 - this must be a PCR test 

2. Complete a Passenger locator Form

3. Self-isolate on arrival and until the result of your day 2 test is known. You may only leave self-isolation if the test is negative
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Siam Bruce said:
From The ThaiAirways web page

FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM
The information on this page is based on the guidance made available by the relevant authorities and is correct as of the date above and may be subject to change at very short notice.

Fully vaccinated passengers:

1. Book a test for day 2 - this must be a PCR test 

2. Complete a Passenger locator Form

3. Self-isolate on arrival and until the result of your day 2 test is known. You may only leave self-isolation if the test is negative

This is correct as my mate flew back to uk lastnight after 2 weeks here .

He had to book a test in uk and show proof off it. 
He said some guy turned up and hadn’t booked a test or filled out the locator form and it caused a delay for everyone else waiting in-line .

Its very clear on gov.uk.

Approved vaccinations - PCR test on arrival or on day 2 booked online before flying. Passenger Locator Form Filled out within 48 hours of flight and PCR booking ref entered on PLF.

Not Vaacinated - Any recognised Covid test before departure. 10 days home isolation, PCR test on days 2 and 8 booked online before flying. Option to take a test to release PCR test on day 5 for an extra fee, Passenger Locator Form Filled out within 48 hours of flight and PCR booking ref entered on PLF.

This post is with regards for travel leaving Chiang Mai to Los Angeles, USA. Not sure what exactly is required for travel to any other country. I've not had any vaccinations.

Traveled Chiang Mai to Bangkok Wednesday Dec 1 and was not required to show proof of anything to board the Bangkok Air flight.

Overnight in Bangkok, following morning Dec 2 my flight on JAL was to Los Angeles via Narita, Japan.

I was told after speaking with a JAL agent that an ATK (Antigen) test and supporting health certificate would suffice to be allowed to board the aircraft. Was very glad to hear this as the ATK test comes at a fraction of the cost of the PCR test. I took the test at a small clinic prior to leaving Chiang Mai and was given a document stating that I showed Negative results for Covid. This document was given to the JAL/Thai Airways agent upon check-in after which I was cleared to board the aircraft.

At that time I was also given a short form to complete which clarified my vaccination status. I was told it would be needed prior to boarding in Japan. Other than that form there was no request to show proof of anything for the transition and the layover/plane change in Narita was completely uneventful.

I arrived in Los Angeles less than 24 hours ago with no further requirements needed I happily left the airport.

All in all, for the most part basic proof of negative Covid status seemed to be all that was required at any given point.

Edited by yeeowww

On 12/3/2021 at 12:18 AM, treetops said:

No-one can show you what doesn't exist. ie rules for leaving Thailand.

Some airlines won’t let you fly with them without a vaccine passport , but the most important is the entry requirements for destination countries, you can’t enter NZ without double vaccination documents or at present a MIQ booking, which is on a waiting list. 
All countries have their rules for entry and  not all airlines require vaccination yet, air NZ and quantas require you to have a vaccination passport to fly 

10 hours ago, yeeowww said:

This post is with regards for travel leaving Chiang Mai to Los Angeles, USA.

Others here should note that there will be changes for the testing window requirements for those traveling to the U.S. as of Monday, December 7, 2021.

The obvious take-away is to stay very up to date on the requirements for any upcoming international departure.

New U.S. COVID-19 international travel testing rules take effect Monday

WASHINGTON, Dec 2 (Reuters) - New rules requiring international air travelers arriving in the United States to obtain a negative COVID-19 test within one day of travel will take effect Monday at 12:01 a.m. ET (0501 GMT), according to an order issued late Thursday.

Under current rules, vaccinated international air travelers can present a negative test result obtained within three days of their day of departure. Unvaccinated travelers currently must get a negative COVID-19 test within one day of departure.

The CDC said beginning Monday "all air travelers, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, will be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/new-us-covid-19-international-travel-testing-rules-take-effect-monday-2021-12-02/