True Move: Mysterious extra charges

Over the last two months I have been hit with two mysterious charges on my phone bill for "Information and Entertainment" but True.

Last month was 120 baht and this month is 300 baht (extra). 

I have no clue what it is. The SIM card is in my wife's name, but I have used it for almost a decade.

I am waiting for her to go to True shop.

Any ideas?

Really <deleted> off with True's service in general, but have home internet with them too n can't be bothered changing everything to another company.

Are you not satisfied with the Lucky Number or Daily Horoscope messages? ????

Prepaid or postpaid?

3 hours ago, 2009 said:

I am waiting for her to go to True shop.

Maybe just call? I mean they are a phone company, and you have a phone, and they have CSRs available 7x24.

I gave up True from my office n home a year ago. It’s painful experience when I went to their Silom showroom to unsubscribe. Took 1 hour wait and 1 hour to finish my case after went through their scrutiny ‘why I wanted to unsubscribe’ and asked me to write it down the reason. It’s crazy! The same matter at AIS took only 15 mins. Impressive service too. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Alien said:

I gave up True from my office n home a year ago. It’s painful experience when I went to their Silom showroom to unsubscribe. Took 1 hour wait and 1 hour to finish my case after went through their scrutiny ‘why I wanted to unsubscribe’ and asked me to write it down the reason. It’s crazy! The same matter at AIS took only 15 mins. Impressive service too. 

I remember a number of years ago i went to take back the router as requested. Had me sitting like 20 mins in a not very busy shop. I ended up leaving it in the waiting area and walking out. 

The called me a few days later saying i needed to return it. I said i did. He seemed like he wanted to question about it but didn't have the confidence in speaking so gave up and i never heard anything about it again. 

It's not only true but the amount of process and papers and talking rubbish to do quick simple tasks is crazy. 

Even buying a coffee in their coffee shops is painful. Make invoice, lut in little folder with pen. Sign etc. For a simple tap and go card that is not even a credit card

My wife's phone is not True but another provider, within the past month her phone has been used very little but seems to be constantly out of funds. When her niece checked the billing on it she found that even though we never registered the sim for mobile internet it has begun to occur internet data fees, and she has also begun to receive roaming charges even though we haven't gone anywhere. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 11:14 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I was somehow getting charged for me receiving spam sms, i called True they refunded the money and blocked them, you need to monitor the balance, happened with AIS a few years ago

You can block all sms yourselves but have to remember to turn back when you need a OTP. Using Messenger as your preferred sms helps

On 12/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, 2009 said:

Really <deleted> off with True's service in general, but have home internet with them too n can't be bothered changing everything to another company.

I had TOT upcountry, and their service was awful. When I switched to 3BB they gave us the first six months at half-price as a thank you for switching to them. And their service is first class.

56 minutes ago, Lee4Life said:

we never registered the sim for mobile internet it has begun to occur internet data fees

You have to turn off access in the phone itself - SIM does not have to have any special registration for internet (only to get discounts) AFAIK (and have paid when changing phones until I turned them off).  

50 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

You can block all sms yourselves but have to remember to turn back when you need a OTP. Using Messenger as your preferred sms helps

Yes i blocked what i could block, but didn't stop them all, when i called True the 2nd time they managed to stop it somehow, first person didn't do their job properly

most likely you are getting SMS messages that have a charge associated with them.  Go to a True shop and get them to block them.  Happened to me before and True also refunded the amount for that month at least.  

19 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

My wife's phone is not True but another provider, within the past month her phone has been used very little but seems to be constantly out of funds. When her niece checked the billing on it she found that even though we never registered the sim for mobile internet it has begun to occur internet data fees, and she has also begun to receive roaming charges even though we haven't gone anywhere. 

I have exactly the same problem with Dtac. Not only that problem but when dialling *101# to check my balance its not working anymore and just shows the amount from when i last topped the credit up. Strange things are happening and i'm off to a Dtac office today to sort it out otherwise i'm going to change provider.

On 12/4/2021 at 10:02 AM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I had a similar issue and called the mobile phone company. I was told that I had probably clicked on a link that caused the website in question to bill my account for something. When I advised that I had never knowingly subscribed to any additional services either directly with the phone company or with any website, they stopped the charges and reversed the prior three months' worth. 

Good luck.

Same happened to me as well and I agree, it's probably a home goal by choosing an option by accident.

They reversed it for me straight away but I was stuck with it for a while because the credit was on the the phone account which I hardly ever use. I eventually persuaded them to transfer the credit to the internet account, but I had to stamp my feet a bit to do get them do that.

• Like 1