Contacting Thai Pass

I have a friend who is trying to come to Thailand for Christmas. She's due to fly to Phuket on Saturday. She's been applying for the Thai Pass for the Phuket Sandbox for a couple of weeks. The first time it was rejected because they vaccine certificate wasn't in English. (It was, the certificate was tri-lingual). She resubmitted with the English highlighted and then it was rejected because the hotel booking didn't confirm they were providing a PCR test on arrival. For the Sandbox, the hotel doesn't provide the PCR test, it's done at the airport and she had already uploaded proof of the test booking and payment. She highlighted that info and uploaded again, no reply after several days, so she contacted the hotel again, and they wrote her a letter including the information about her booking and the pre-booked PCR test, so she applied again and uploaded that as well.

This was only yesterday, but she is due to leave in a few days so she really can't keep waiting a week at a time to be rejected. None of the 24/7 contact numbers work (The 02 number just cuts off, 4247 rings out with no answer until it cuts off, 4248 & 4249 go to an answer message in Thai, and then cut off). No-one replies to emails to the Support email address. 

Is there any other way for her to contact them? At least with the COE the local Embassy could help, but it seems like people are on their own with this.

• Sad 3

With all the hassle involved, was Thailand the best place she could come up with for a visit? I bet she's regretting it now. Dozens of alternative countries to chose from, many of which actually celebrate Christmas rather than treat it as normal working days. You know, snow, festive markets, turkey dinner, that sort of thing.

I have the same problem.Every single contact is either dead or ignored.Disgraceful when people have spent so much money.

I had mine rejected today because I attached wrong insurance form,can only attach 1 form.Luckily I did the right one 4 days ago so I had 2 Thai pass application.waiting for 2nd one now.

whoever said this is easier needs their heads examined.I did coe last year it was much easier.They don't deserve any tourists

Edited by gungadin1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

With all the hassle involved, was Thailand the best place she could come up with for a visit? I bet she's regretting it now. Dozens of alternative countries to chose from, many of which actually celebrate Christmas rather than treat it as normal working days. You know, snow, festive markets, turkey dinner, that sort of thing.

She's primarily coming to see me, so I feel kind of responsible for all this. If it wasn't for that, there is no way she would still be trying to jump through all these hoops. I did the Thai Pass myself recently for Test & Go, and it was all pretty straightforward, but the additional requirements for Phuket Sandbox seem to be causing the problems. They are delusional to think that regular tourists would be willing to go through all this just to come to Thailand on vacation.

Her current status is still no reply from Thai Pass by phone or email. The local embassy has said that if she doesn't hear back by Thursday afternoon they will try to help. But Friday is a holiday and she flies on Saturday, so that is going to be cutting it pretty close.

• Thanks 1

It’s absolutely shameful.On the forums, FB etc, there are hundreds of people who can’t even get a reply, have all correct docs, some are couples with the same docs, one getting the pass, the other not.  Really, I don’t know  why you can’t just fly with the same info on paper form and downloaded , or refused boarding/ entry. Ridiculous and very unprofessional.

Her Thai Pass came through this afternoon. It's not clear whether the local Embassy did anything or not, but I think I'd still encourage people to contact them if they are having problems. If nothing else, enough complaints from Embassies might encourage them to either ditch the whole ridiculous system seeing as they can't seem to make it functional.

I am so embarrassed to have put her through this.

The London embassy sent me a message yesterday saying my passport number didn't exist in their system and to reregister.i already did 3 application so **** knows what is going on.2 minutes later pass came through from **** knows where.Its the worst shambles I've ever come across.i did a COE last year and that was easier.Whoever said Thai pass is quicker and easier don't know what they are on about