Mike Nesmith, the eternal Monkee has passed on at 78

ThailandRyan

As the OP Title says Mike Nesmith of the Monkees has passed from this big old world. Sad to hear of the passing, but how many of you knew that his mother invented Liquid Paper?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/michael-nesmith-monkees-singer-and-guitarist-dead-at-78/ar-AARH3x4?ocid=uxbndlbing

Nesmith died of heart failure at his home in Carmel Valley, CA, according to his manager.

"With Infinite Love we announce that Michael Nesmith has passed away this morning in his home, surrounded by family, peacefully and of natural causes," a statement on behalf of his family and obtained by Rolling Stone read. "We ask that you respect our privacy at this time and we thank you for the love and light that all of you have shown him and us."

Monkees tour manager Andrew Sandoval said the group had just recently been performing. Mikes last performance was this past November 14th.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was teenager he put out a special called Elephant Parts that was funny and it had music videos showcasing his songs. A song off it 'Rio' had been a hit in Australia. It was released at the same time as 'I go to Rio' by Australian Peter Allen as it happens. I preferred the Mike Nesmith song and the video is fun.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

When I was teenager he put out a special called Elephant Parts that was funny and it had music videos showcasing his songs. A song off it 'Rio' had been a hit in Australia. It was released at the same time as 'I go to Rio' by Australian Peter Allen as it happens. I preferred the Mike Nesmith song and the video is fun.

Michael Nesmith - Rio

• Like 2

I always enjoyed their shows, not to mention the music, and I never took them too seriously, as I don't think they intended that, 

Sad to hear of the demise of Mike Nesmith, but at my age I'm going to see a lot more of that......unfortunately.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

I always enjoyed their shows, not to mention the music, and I never took them too seriously, as I don't think they intended that, 

Sad to hear of the demise of Mike Nesmith, but at my age I'm going to see a lot more of that......unfortunately.

I'm a believer just blew me away when it came out.

I loved the tv shows too.

They were only supposed to be the face of the show, but when they started demanding to be more, they started becoming less appealing to me. The movie they made was insane, and not in a good way.

Anyway, RIP, and the band in heaven is getting bigger all the time now.